League One Swindon on the brink

• Thread starter Deleted member 808
  • Start date
I’d like to donate to the ‘save Sw@ndon’ fund, but I was keeping that 50p for something special. Soz.

As @Jon-ioualways says, suffer on the pitch, slip down through the leagues and have your Histon moments, but I hope they survive as a club.

Footballing finances are exceptional fragile at the moment and one club going bust could very quickly be followed by several others. Forget salary caps and u21 PL teams, the biggest threat to lower league football is finding ourselves in the summer with a dozen or more league 1 and 2 teams out of business. And I think some would be amazed at how close that is to becoming a reality. And if it does we could start the 2021/22 campaign with only 3 professional leagues.

And, let's be honest, for all their problems in the first year, we are exceptional lucky to have a board that is not only covering the losses but are going above and beyond to keep everyone safe, secure and, hopefully, successful. But it's not too long ago that we could have been in a very different situation, and I know those fuckers wouldn't have cared, but we're better than them in every way.

So I hope they survive, but that they also suffer, not least of all by seeing us go in the opposite direction where we belong!

I don't want them to go into liquidation, what is footy without rivalries (and there is only 1 rivalry for us - the biscuits, the chairs and the thieves don't make the grade).
But a slide down into non-league will be a good thing - losing to Kings Lynn & Wealdstone will be good for them.

Hopefully they can work out a deal to merge with Swindon Supermarine and forever live in our shadow

Ah Carter USM, Only Living Boy in New Cross. Love that song.

Try Sheriff Fatman........... someone very near this place gets a "name" check in the song. Used to have a drink with Leslie. ;):)

See if you can work it out....

Back
Top Bottom