League One Swindon on the brink

• Thread starter Deleted member 808
  • Start date
Now their sponsors are pulling out due to the way the club is being run. Diddums.

Judge Thompsell, the deputy High Court judge hearing the case on Monday, likened the situation to a car speeding headlong towards a wall with Mr Morfuni and Mr Standing trying to pull the steering wheel one way and Mr Power attempting to turn the car the other way.

He he told lawyers Hannah Thornley, for Mr Power, and Colin West QC, for Mr Standing and Axis, in his order: “Unless one of them lets go or is made by the court to let go the car will hit the wall.”

(copied from The Town End). The court judgement is on Thursday. Should be interesting!

IIRC Power had to make some sort of legal submission by last Thursday............ doubt he did.

He will put them into administration if he can but he will need to cut a deal with Standing/Barry to enable this to happen.

I can see 1 of 2 outcomes here, Swindon don’t go into admin but the club get a hefty points deduction next season (a bit like Luton several years ago) which would see them relegated to non league. The other is that they go into admin and get a 12 point deduction and end up in non league.

I can see 1 of 2 outcomes here, Swindon don’t go into admin but the club get a hefty points deduction next season (a bit like Luton several years ago) which would see them relegated to non league. The other is that they go into admin and get a 12 point deduction and end up in non league.
Either of those outcomes would be very acceptable.

Another hearing scheduled for June 15th but that is likely to be another procedural hearing (unless the parties come to an agreement). Main hearing is apparently being planned for September.

So Lee Power/Paul Jewell in the meantime remains in charge and will appoint the new manager/recruit the new players. Power has said he will now continue funding the club but to what extent only he knows.

Owe £6.2m and £600k loan to the FL for wages.

We really need to produce some Lee Power mugs....... for the mugs... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"What I don't understand is how you can publicly state that you don't want to / or can't afford to continue to fund the club while it's in league 1 and then u turn after you have relegated the club and pissed off the entire fan base. If power is still in charge next season, who is he expecting through the turnstiles?"

We really need to produce some Lee Power mugs....... for the mugs... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"What I don't understand is how you can publicly state that you don't want to / or can't afford to continue to fund the club while it's in league 1 and then u turn after you have relegated the club and pissed off the entire fan base. If power is still in charge next season, who is he expecting through the turnstiles?"
I really enjoyed this from the previous page:

"Worst case scenario - Morfuni is either exposed as a chancer, or is good but loses interest. We get stuck with Power, who lets the rot continue and..... Aldershot, Bury, Macclesfield. The hopes of our club hinge of the whim of a man with a plumbing business on the other side of the world who nobody knows."

Yikes.

Another hearing scheduled for June 15th but that is likely to be another procedural hearing (unless the parties come to an agreement). Main hearing is apparently being planned for September.

So Lee Power/Paul Jewell in the meantime remains in charge and will appoint the new manager/recruit the new players. Power has said he will now continue funding the club but to what extent only he knows.

Owe £6.2m and £600k loan to the FL for wages.
It it going to be on Zoom? Just asking in case anyone wants to watch or take part.

Back
Top Bottom