General Supporters Panel - Yay or Nay?

Do the supporters on here want or need a Supporters Panel ?

• Yes

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And this just popped up on the BBC.

So anyone who chants abuse at referee`s ......................
I’m as guilty as a majority of football fans who have sung “ who’s the w****r in the black “ and that will probably go on and in but his sexuality shouldn’t be brought into any anti ref songs, but if it is then the police and stewards have to remove said offenders the problem is the amount who may sing it. I would hope hardly any if any at all.

I’m as guilty as a majority of football fans who have sung “ who’s the w****r in the black “ and that will probably go on and in but his sexuality shouldn’t be brought into any anti ref songs, but if it is then the police and stewards have to remove said offenders the problem is the amount who may sing it. I would hope hardly any if any at all.

But should it go on? 🤷‍♀️

No ref = no game.

And so the sterilisation continues............ what next? Squid Game?

No ref = no game.

No it shouldn’t but unfortunately it will. Although a majority of racist, homophobic chants towards an individual have ceased

No ref = no game.

You're starting to reel around firing at will - I no longer know what you're saying. Banning homophobic chants will make the game sterile, is that it?

Abuse of referees is at best tedious anyway.

You're starting to reel around firing at will - I no longer know what you're saying. Banning homophobic chants will make the game sterile, is that it?

Abuse of referees is at best tedious anyway.

Do you ever shout or swear at referee`s/players/opponents/opposing fans?

And is that Morris dancing with or without the blacked up face? :)
Hey nonny nonny, pedant alert .... the blackening of the face of one or several participants is more of a 'tradition of mummers plays, often performed in a traditional dance of sorts, (which dates back to Ancient Egyptian times) , usually around yuletide .... its inextricably linked with morris dancing more due to mummers and morris dancing troupes are the same group of individuals ( performing both in their locality) ,.... but...mummers plays and morris dancing are actually separate 'celebrations' of a traditional nature

Depends if we are talking about the sequential hermaphroditism that occurs in nature, but isn`t a human ability, or gender reassignment surgery.

A person can want to change their gender and follow the long, emotional & painful process to do so, but does that make them completely the gender they wish to be?
I can`t answer that myself, but the law says it is possible under the Gender Recognition Act 2004.

Now that legislation itself isn`t deemed good enough by the EU and I think Scotland are looking at/have changed it (?) so people can self-identify which, in my humble opinion, is way too far the other way.

Anyway - did you apply to be on the panel? :)

I can only answer for myself. I'm happy within myself, I've long excepted this is my lot in life. And 100% woman whatever people think.
Yeah I'll admit it gets my back up when people talk down about trans issues when they have no idea what it's like.
And as I said before, what would mum's and dad's say if there children came out as transgender. Both my parents are dead, but if I could just once have my mum put her arms around me and tell me she loved as a daughter like she did a son, it would be like winning the lottery.
I've had all the usual abuse including physical violence which even though it happened many years ago still stops me in my tracks. I'm not asking people to be there best friend, just give me the respect I deserve like i respect all. It's not an easy life.

As for the fan's council, no I never applied, I'm not good at committee stuff, happy to help and support a fan's council or Oxvox in anyway i can. I have perfected the art of throwing boxes in cage's over many years 😀 but not sure that's what they need, so if your yogurt is smashed at the supermarket I'll own up now.
xx

I can only answer for myself. I'm happy within myself, I've long excepted this is my lot in life. And 100% woman whatever people think.
Yeah I'll admit it gets my back up when people talk down about trans issues when they have no idea what it's like.
And as I said before, what would mum's and dad's say if there children came out as transgender. Both my parents are dead, but if I could just once have my mum put her arms around me and tell me she loved as a daughter like she did a son, it would be like winning the lottery.
I've had all the usual abuse including physical violence which even though it happened many years ago still stops me in my tracks. I'm not asking people to be there best friend, just give me the respect I deserve like i respect all. It's not an easy life.

As for the fan's council, no I never applied, I'm not good at committee stuff, happy to help and support a fan's council or Oxvox in anyway i can. I have perfected the art of throwing boxes in cage's over many years 😀 but not sure that's what they need, so if your yogurt is smashed at the supermarket I'll own up now.
xx

Can certainly empathise with that thought, and with your journey to where you needed to be and I`m glad you are happy.
Nobody, irrespective of anything, deserves violence and everyone deserves basic respect.
Humanist traits really.
All the best xx

As good a place as any to drop this.................

And this is the bit for OxVox ........... that democratically elected body that represents us.

"It suggests clubs should have a 'shadow board' of fans so they are properly consulted on key decisions and that supporters hold a 'golden share' to protect their clubs' heritage and which competitions they play in."

The 'Golden Share' idea is a good one, some club's fan groups use it as a veto on things such as owners trying to change the club name (as tried by Hull Tigers) or club colours (as tried by Cardiff City).

Back
Top Bottom