General Supporters Panel - Yay or Nay?

Do the supporters on here want or need a Supporters Panel ?

• Yes

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're right in that it needs to be implemented during the summer before season tickets are back on sale. Something like this can't be done during the season once everyone has their season ticket seat.
For anyone who moans that it's "their" seat and they don't want to lose it, did you same the same thing about a "spot" on the terrace in the london road? Or did you just stand in roughly the same place each game? If the seat really does make all the difference, just get there earlier to secure it I say, they're all empty when it opens.

Kassam/Stadco did agree to the "safe standing" barrier at the back of the East Stand to be implemented down 10 rows following a trial. You could potentially have this installed in the East Stand if that agreement was met and obviously we provided the funding, however if a new stadium really is on the horizon then that's a possible reason they'll sweep the idea under the carpet again.

I hope there is some fan consultation when it comes to stadium design before things are signed off, I'd be gutted if we ended up with a soulless bowl. Safe standing, low roof, and areas to hang real flags at the front, back, sides, not sold out for advertising here there and everywhere. Ensure stands are close to the pitch unlike our current stadium, etc etc. Spurs' new stadium took so many plaudits, but even with it's giant single tiered stand behind the goal, fans are quickly realising it's already feeling soulless. We want something, tight, compact and noisy we can ensure will be 75% full if we are in League One.
absolutely spot on @WuTang

For anyone who moans that it's "their" seat and they don't want to lose it, did you same the same thing about a "spot" on the terrace in the london road? Or did you just stand in roughly the same place each game?
Too bloody right did we :ROFLMAO:. No, our lot got onto the terrace at around 1:30pm on the home Saturdays so we could get out spot (Left side, by the wall, level with the edge of the 6 yard box). Weekday games were harder to get the usual spot. But I think everyone had pretty much the same place week in week out, there were rarely completely new faces there. Terraces are much more fluid of course, there were 13 in our group, so we had a rough area.

Hi all.

Just caught a bit of this debate and thought I would make a couple of observations. When the idea of a Fans Panel was raised we discussed it with the club as a forerunner to having some sort of independent fan representation on the board and this remains a goal for us. We are broadly supportive of the Panel in principle and have been involved and consulted in the process of setting it up. That having been said we remain vigilant that the club do not try to take the Panel outside the boundaries which were agreed with the FSA, ourselves and the club.

A lot of people are working hard to set up a system to address match day issues and smaller scale personal issues and matters of inclusion. These are issues that OxVox are happy to continue to deal with but understand that some sections of our fanbase may prefer an alternative route to contact the club on these more personal matters. It is not easy or glamorous work but if this energy is properly channelled then we think they can do a lot of good work. The OxVox remit is one more of independent scrutiny and we would strongly oppose any move from the club to try to dilute that role.

@Paul Cannell has rightly pointed out on the other thread some of the potential issues he feels regarding the set up and mandate of the Panel. Neither they nor OxVox should be beyond scrutiny as long as it remains constructive. The scenario he suggests is one we would fight but as he also suggests, the best way to defend the integrity of the supporters trust is to actually become a member. Our numbers make us strong and impossible to sideline. By joining you are supporting a fully independent trust that will fight for the long term safety and stability of our club and who will always be guided by the opinions of its members.

Of course you can get a lot of our content from other sources and not pay, but that kind of misses the point I think. For the price of a couple of beers you can put your weight behind the independent trust and add your voice. If you disagree with how we go about what we do you can tell us directly, or even put yourself forward in our elections and change the way it is done. OxVox was started by, and has always been run by, supporters. Volunteers who give their time for free and who would love your support to help maintain and grow what we feel is a vital part of the club we all love. So if you have been thinking about joining, or know people who should, then maybe now is the time to get involved, when so much is at stake and our future is being mapped out.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Paul P
OxVox

#JoinOxVox
www.oxvox.org.uk

Too bloody right did we :ROFLMAO:. No, our lot got onto the terrace at around 1:30pm on the home Saturdays so we could get out spot (Left side, by the wall, level with the edge of the 6 yard box). Weekday games were harder to get the usual spot. But I think everyone had pretty much the same place week in week out, there were rarely completely new faces there. Terraces are much more fluid of course, there were 13 in our group, so we had a rough area.

Yep. Crowd surges were ideal for opening the space which is why they'd happen before a game. Ourselves and another group would hold space as well for each or we'd combine and start a crowd surge.

But it was on here where, as we all know, folk talk a lot of B*****s all the time. Don't they.

My word you might struggle to communicate and engage with those East stand plebs from your "lofty heights of the SSU" if simplification triggers you.

Representing the people? Aye, of course.

1. Pricing
2. Facilities
3. Belonging

Solid positive foundation, easy.
Unless you don`t worry about 1, have already got 2 and see yourself as better than 3.

I hope there is some fan consultation when it comes to stadium design before things are signed off, I'd be gutted if we ended up with a soulless bowl. Safe standing, low roof, and areas to hang real flags at the front, back, sides, not sold out for advertising here there and everywhere.

This is key and I said the exact same thing previously. We NEED a designated place across the whole stadium where fans can hang their own flags. No advertising boards there, no stewards complaining that we're blocking the sponsors adverts, just an empty space where fans can display their flags.

Fan consolation is key for the new ground. Otherwise we'll end up in a situation like the Kassam again.

This is key and I said the exact same thing previously. We NEED a designated place across the whole stadium where fans can hang their own flags. No advertising boards there, no stewards complaining that we're blocking the sponsors adverts, just an empty space where fans can display their flags.

Fan consolation is key for the new ground. Otherwise we'll end up in a situation like the Kassam again.
Ive probably needed consoling since we moved from the Manor to the breeze block ( possibly counselling too!)...... hope supporters are consulted if there is going to be a new stadium built anytime soon

I'd think that would apply to all clubs that were affected by the existing law, hence us.
I understand what your saying but unless we’re in the championship we would have to have seats in the stands, obviously removable if we get into the championship.

Ive probably needed consoling since we moved from the Manor to the breeze block ( possibly counselling too!)...... hope supporters are consulted if there is going to be a new stadium built anytime soon

You won`t be, it`ll be filtered by something........... I can`t think what.... oh hold on.... got it.

Let's get some of them in a room, give them a title and tell all the others to go through them..... about 11 should do it. 🤷‍♀️

I understand what your saying but unless we’re in the championship we would have to have seats in the stands, obviously removable if we get into the championship.

I'll be stunned if it doesn't apply for all as L1/L2 can have old school terraces if they have never been in the Championship or above as it currently stands.

I was left side at the very back against the middle railings. Sounds like we were really close.

there used to be 12 guys stood near us on right side of the middle railings and I saw all of them at Wimbledon away last week

You're right in that it needs to be implemented during the summer before season tickets are back on sale. Something like this can't be done during the season once everyone has their season ticket seat.
For anyone who moans that it's "their" seat and they don't want to lose it, did you same the same thing about a "spot" on the terrace in the london road? Or did you just stand in roughly the same place each game? If the seat really does make all the difference, just get there earlier to secure it I say, they're all empty when it opens.

Kassam/Stadco did agree to the "safe standing" barrier at the back of the East Stand to be implemented down 10 rows following a trial. You could potentially have this installed in the East Stand if that agreement was met and obviously we provided the funding, however if a new stadium really is on the horizon then that's a possible reason they'll sweep the idea under the carpet again.

I hope there is some fan consultation when it comes to stadium design before things are signed off, I'd be gutted if we ended up with a soulless bowl. Safe standing, low roof, and areas to hang real flags at the front, back, sides, not sold out for advertising here there and everywhere. Ensure stands are close to the pitch unlike our current stadium, etc etc. Spurs' new stadium took so many plaudits, but even with it's giant single tiered stand behind the goal, fans are quickly realising it's already feeling soulless. We want something, tight, compact and noisy we can ensure will be 75% full if we are in League One.
Any chance of a Ultras re-union, if it happened?????
I think you were one of them, or knew them. It would be better than an Oasis reunion....well almost.

I was left side at the very back against the middle railings. Sounds like we were really close.

there used to be 12 guys stood near us on right side of the middle railings and I saw all of them at Wimbledon away last week
I was right side at the back near the fence. Used to get there quite late and squeeze up through the crowd to my usual spot.

Any chance of a Ultras re-union, if it happened?????
I think you were one of them, or knew them. It would be better than an Oasis reunion....well almost.
I ran it with a couple others from 2014 till the end. Unfortunately for health reasons I can't even get to a game at the moment and a couple of others have moved away long distance.

It's officially disbanded and will probably never return, but we did the Jim Smith banner after disbanding so never say never I guess!

Don't worry, all of these things have been considered. No one wants a Kassam Mark II. There are even Acoustic Consultants, whose part in the design process is to make sure the noise stays in the stadium!

Don't worry, all of these things have been considered. No one wants a Kassam Mark II. There are even Acoustic Consultants, whose part in the design process is to make sure the noise stays in the stadium!

I`m not sure many of us expected or wanted a Kassam Mark I being partly built and incomplete. :ROFLMAO:

You seem to be saying there are plans for a new ground?! Where exactly is it going to be then? what stage have plans reached?

Back
Top Bottom