General Supporters guide to attending matches

Manorlounger

The guide to attending matches has been published on the club website. The wearing of a face mask has been deemed to be necessary even when sitting in one's seat. This seems a little harsh given that the official line is only "advised" I can understand singing and shouting being discouraged as this is a prime aerosol risk for spreading the virus but will still be difficult to comply with given that this is such an emotive experience.

Just seems such a shame that we cannot yet enjoy ourselves properly.

And, excerpt from Gov.uk:
● Face coverings should be mandated indoors and in all covered communal / covered areas including on entry and in concourses, queues, toilets etc. Given the higher risk of transmission associated with singing and shouting, event organisers should remind spectators of this and strongly therefore encourage the use of face coverings in all outdoor spectator settings, including seats/standing points. They are mandatory in all indoor sports venues, in line with wider guidance on indoor spectator events. Singing and shouting is to be discouraged at indoor sports events.

ID checks on tickets and "Only individuals within the Government permitted social or family bubble may purchase tickets together. Addresses will be checked against our database. Any recent address changes on our database will be queried and ID will be requested to prove this."

"You will need to wear a mask while seated during the match". Those words are not included in the Covid CoC sent out with the tickets. Ours arrived today.
Whatever anyone thinks of this it is up to everyone that has been lucky enough to get a ticket to comply with every last detail. That way we are much more likely to get attendances up to 2k very quickly.

ID checks on tickets and "Only individuals within the Government permitted social or family bubble may purchase tickets together. Addresses will be checked against our database. Any recent address changes on our database will be queried and ID will be requested to prove this."
And how do the government know our bubbles?!

🎶🎶Sing with a mask on

🎶🎶you can`t sing with a mask on...... :D

Last edited:
Regarding ID checks on tickets, the normal match day printed paper tickets don't have names on them. How are they going to ID check them?

Yes they have your fan number on them, so are they going to have a list of names next to fan numbers and check those?

"You will need to wear a mask while seated during the match". Those words are not included in the Covid CoC sent out with the tickets. Ours arrived today.
Whatever anyone thinks of this it is up to everyone that has been lucky enough to get a ticket to comply with every last detail. That way we are much more likely to get attendances up to 2k very quickly.
Let's hope Laurence Fox and his mates don't turn up then.

Regarding ID checks on tickets, the normal match day printed paper tickets don't have names on them. How are they going to ID check them?

Yes they have your fan number on them, so are they going to have a list of names next to fan numbers and check those?
Ours have names on both. They will have been issued against at least one fan number which should have a record of who belongs to your "bubble".

So have we established that it's the Government definition of the social bubble that we need to adhere to? I really don't see what the point of the survey was if that was the case?

Also if that is the case, the club seemed to contradict themselves on twitter yesterday...

bubble.jpg

With needing to wear glasses and a mask while I am sat down I will probably need to rewatch the match when I get home to see what actually happened in the game.

The mask while sat down seems a bit excessive, that’s not a government rule.

With needing to wear glasses and a mask while I am sat down I will probably need to rewatch the match when I get home to see what actually happened in the game.

The mask while sat down seems a bit excessive, that’s not a government rule.
Cambridge are having 2000 supporters in this evening and have announced masks to be worn as well, might prove interesting to see any reports post match. How many supporters are ejected for taking masks off.

Of course, it is allowed to remove the mask to eat or drink but, supporters are being discouraged from taking bags into the ground. Bear in mind no food or drink will be on sale inside the ground and only a slim chance outside. (are many caterers willing to take a chance on there being enough business with only 1000 supporters allowed in?) A hot drink at half time would be welcome, it's going to be cold and damp on Saturday.

The whole tone of the guide seems pretty unwelcoming, do the club really want to see us back?

And FFS what is the point of bag searches?!

So have we established that it's the Government definition of the social bubble that we need to adhere to? I really don't see what the point of the survey was if that was the case?

Also if that is the case, the club seemed to contradict themselves on twitter yesterday...

View attachment 5086
May be if we were in tier 1 then the social would have been different.

Why the hell are they insisting that you wear a mask while seated, perfectly understandable when you move around.
Surely because people will sing and shout, regardless of what they are asked to do. I don’t want someone spraying their spit all over me from the seats behind me!

S
Surely because people will sing and shout, regardless of what they are asked to do. I don’t want someone spraying their spit all over me from the seats behind me!
Shouldn't be a problem if spacing between allocated seats has been properly thought out.

Back
Top Bottom