FA Cup Sunderland

The strange thing is - they were actually quite good against us in the League Cup 4th Round, and we were somewhat fortunate to beat them.

But they've absolutely melted down since then, gone out of both the other cups (to the might of Gillingham and Scunthorpe), scraped a 1-0 win against Southend but otherwise have been falling further and further behind in the League. It really is a mess there.

The strange thing is - they were actually quite good against us in the League Cup 4th Round, and we were somewhat fortunate to beat them.

But they've absolutely melted down since then, gone out of both the other cups (to the might of Gillingham and Scunthorpe), scraped a 1-0 win against Southend but otherwise have been falling further and further behind in the League. It really is a mess there.
It will take quite something to change this around as the confidence will be low and the fans are really on their backs.
Gillingham away and Blackpool home. They need points from those games

"It's like watching a team of old men, there's barely a shred of athleticism in the side. No fight, no hunger, no organisation. A total f*****g shambles from top to bottom."

:ROFLMAO:

"I actually don't want the manager, owner or players to come out and say a f*****g word until the next match, because that was completely indefensible for the the lot of the useless, inept arseholes."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I assume quotes of their forum ? If so with the amount of pages I bet that’s taken near on hour to find them ??

Ah well L2 could await them.....oh how I wish

"It's like watching a team of old men, there's barely a shred of athleticism in the side. No fight, no hunger, no organisation. A total f*****g shambles from top to bottom."

:ROFLMAO:

"I actually don't want the manager, owner or players to come out and say a f*****g word until the next match, because that was completely indefensible for the the lot of the useless, inept arseholes."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Strange though because they gave us probably one of our hardest games of the season so far when we played them in the cup.

Seems both Sunderland and Portsmouth fans were complaining how crap their teams have been this season,yet if you look at their points, they are just a win behind us.Think both teams have good players but perhaps dont play flair football.

Their forum is poison. There’s a thread about Maguire with them complaining that he’s overweight and doesn’t give a s**t....
As for Donald, my god, I feel for him.
Yes they once were in the Premiership, but they are now in League One. Suck it up.

Seems both Sunderland and Portsmouth fans were complaining how crap their teams have been this season,yet if you look at their points, they are just a win behind us.Think both teams have good players but perhaps dont play flair football.

Clearly both Sunderland and Pompey have good players and as you say just one win off the playoffs. League 1 is very tight this season. It will be interesting to see which teams strengthen in January for a promotion push. I think Pompey will be challenging for promotion come May.

Sunderland gave us a good game at Grenoble Rd, but even in that match you could see they were very one paced. The one player who impressed me was Luke O'Nien who came on as sub and made a big difference to Sunderland, suddenly gave them a bit of energy.

Something doesn’t seem right off the field, the signing of Grigg and sacking of Ross both look like panic decisions recruitment looks unbalanced (lacking pace) . With their 10 million loan from the Yanks I suspect the January transfer window will make or break their season.

Feel for Stewart, decent, likeable guy. Must be under a lot of pressure now.

I get the distinct impression Uncle Charlie`s spin isn`t going down that well in the North East.

Couldn`t happen to a nicer chap IMHO , maybe he`ll realise how tolerant we are..... ? ?Sun1.JPGSun2.JPG

Last edited:
The Stadium of Light should be changed to the Stadium of Gloom based on their forum.

The problems on the playing side are so much deeper than the Manager as this has been going on from pre-Donald days and continued through. There appears a malaise in the club.

As an aside, Jack Ross got his 2nd win in 2 with Hibs last night.

They are three points off the play-off places and 13 point off the relegation spots. Southend and Bolton are very likely to be two of the relegated teams, so they just have to be better then one of the other 10 teams between them and the drop. And some of their 'supporters' think they'll get relegated! Their forum has turned into an 'I can be more outraged than you about the situation' competition :) Which is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom