Sunderland v Wycombe Playoff Final

I was pleased to see York City gain promotion, they have seen desperate times since Wembley playoff. National league north is a graveyard for ex FL teams. I reckon 9 or 10 teams out of 22 have played in the FL. Good luck to them next season in National League.

Oops was this only a semi final?

Although they did actually get promoted back to the football league two years after we beat them!

Sunderland were a far better side.
Wycombe had the Voges chance and little else.
Wycombe deserved nothing from the game

I never said Wycombe deserved something from the game.! I just said Wycombe had a couple of chances. That’s all they mustered in 90+ minutes. I also said that the better team won.

It’s helps OUFC that Sunderland have gone up, because they have quite deep pockets. So that’s a top six next season gone.

What would be funny is that we go up, and they come straight back down again.

Just think, if we’d beaten Morecambe and held on against Sunderland we’d have replaced them in the playoffs with a win over Doncaster. But we weren’t really quite good enough so no complaints

Has a player as s**t as Akinfenwa ever had so much press?
No. It's probably because one season FIFA he was the fattest player in the game or something.

I remember him being spectacularly s**t for Northampton against us once.

The reality is he's bang average. Think he just knows how to cultivate his image. He will be working for Sky next season

Has a player as s**t as Akinfenwa ever had so much press?

He was good once and genuinely a player I would have been happy to have here. Even in not-too-distant seasons his goals to games ratio has been pretty good - in 2017-18 he scored 18 goals in 46 games when Wycombe got promoted from League 2.

However, since the promotion the ego has landed permanently.He’s been an immobile lump for a good few seasons who has caused us zero bother when he has come on. One goal last year in the Championship shows just how limited he has become.

Thank goodness we won’t have to put up with his ego anymore. I’d be perfectly happy to see him waddling around the pitch causing us no concern whatsoever.

I never said Wycombe deserved something from the game.! I just said Wycombe had a couple of chances. That’s all they mustered in 90+ minutes. I also said that the better team won.

It’s helps OUFC that Sunderland have gone up, because they have quite deep pockets. So that’s a top six next season gone.

What would be funny is that we go up, and they come straight back down again.

Agreed.

People were saying they hope Sunderland lose so they can see the meltdown on the forums.

I think it'd be much funnier to see them take 4 seasons to get out of League One, give it large now that they're getting promoted, and then just come straight back down next year.

Agreed.

People were saying they hope Sunderland lose so they can see the meltdown on the forums.

I think it'd be much funnier to see them take 4 seasons to get out of League One, give it large now that they're getting promoted, and then just come straight back down next year.
I reckon they’re on the up, will have a decent season next year and maybe challenge the year after. Time to find another team to snigger at I think, though I they’ve given us a lot of enjoyment

Sunderland made a brilliant appointment in Alex Neil, no way should a manager of that calibre be in League 1. They are getting the rewards for that, hit form at the right time (as we were bottling it).

What might of been eh!
Oh well Kip Swind** and Wycombe bottled it as well which is good surely??

Thought Sunderland were very good. They have a great young keeper. Looking forward to going back to Adams Park. Haven’t forgotten those poxy fireworks.

Sunderland made a brilliant appointment in Alex Neil, no way should a manager of that calibre be in League 1. They are getting the rewards for that, hit form at the right time (as we were bottling it).

What might of been eh!
I can't remember, but were you this negative with Clotet, Appleton and Wilder? or is it just Robinson you don't like?

If it's not a manager thing, then why don't you just do one. I can understand criticism when things are not right but very rarely do you give the club ANY credit, when you do, there is always a veil of cynicism. Maybe you just want a bite, so you can have and tommy tank with delight 😬

Back
Top Bottom