Sunderland Till I Die

PottersRightBoot

Their 2017/2018 season in documentary format on Netflix. Interesting but a bit lame. To be fair have only watched Episode 1.

Lots of people at the club saying the right things but not believing what they are saying.
‘It’s a wage’ type ethos.
No wonder they got relegated.

As Tv the Man City Amazon series is much better.

I don’t get the “our fans deserve better” tag associated to Sunderland fans. First game of the season they go 1-0 down early on, instant booing around the ground. Surely decent fans don’t do that on the first game of the season, I get the frustration from getting relegated the season before but it’s a new season, new manager, etc so why not get behind your team at least in the bloody first game! Poor show in my book.

These fans make me laugh. The arrogance that they support their team more than Watford or Cambridge and it’s more important. They are no where near as big as they think they are.

We all love our clubs from Macclesfield up to Man City.

Typical Netflix show - very well filmed and produced but the actual content is vacuous.

It's a slow-burner. The main star of the show who will lead the turnaround won't appear until season 2... ?

Ending up binging it over the weekend as ill. Oxford's finest actually arrived to the rescue in the final episode!

For me the Juve series has set the bar. Probably because it was in Italian, which naturally adds a sense of class to the production.

But the sense of utter wretchedness and depression at SAFC in the STD show was raw and powerful. God forbid Simon Grayson ever pitching up at OUFC!

I was somewhat bored by the stage managed Citeh show and the Boca series. But in general enjoying this kind of program.

Anyone watching the West Ham ladies show on the bbc featuring Jack Sullivan? Sums up West Ham as a club letting that clown run the ladies.

Ending up binging it over the weekend as ill. Oxford's finest actually arrived to the rescue in the final episode!

For me the Juve series has set the bar. Probably because it was in Italian, which naturally adds a sense of class to the production.

But the sense of utter wretchedness and depression at SAFC in the STD show was raw and powerful. God forbid Simon Grayson ever pitching up at OUFC!

I was somewhat bored by the stage managed Citeh show and the Boca series. But in general enjoying this kind of program.
Haven't watched it yet (Jerome), but in general I think the Premier League (in particular) could learn an awful lot from the NFL in terms of media productions like this. Shows like Hard Knocks and All Or Nothing have set a pretty high bar in terms of behind the scenes access and conveying what goes on during the course of a season.

Haven't watched it yet (Jerome), but in general I think the Premier League (in particular) could learn an awful lot from the NFL in terms of media productions like this. Shows like Hard Knocks and All Or Nothing have set a pretty high bar in terms of behind the scenes access and conveying what goes on during the course of a season.
Can't see our owner &board members allowing cameras access behind the scenes....if they did it would probably not run for long either, half an episode of the M.D. on the phone at 4.30am & Chris Williams at his spin doctoring best is all we'd see .. . But there'd be 'promises ' made that the cameras would be allowed back when there was something that was deemed acceptable to be shared publically

Can't see our owner &board members allowing cameras access behind the scenes....if they did it would probably not run for long either, half an episode of the M.D. on the phone at 4.30am & Chris Williams at his spin doctoring best is all we'd see .. . But there'd be 'promises ' made that the cameras would be allowed back when there was something that was deemed acceptable to be shared publically
Ours would have the best ‘cliffhanger’ in Netflix history. At the end of episode 1, NM would be sat at his desk as the credits rolled then the closing shot would be him pointing at the camera and saying ‘I’ll get back to you..’

Everyone then waits for episode 2, which never happens...

Back
Top Bottom