League Cup Sunderland tickets at 25% discount

Have fond memories of us beating Sheffield Wednesday in the second round of the Coca Cola Cup in 1996.

“the mentaller“ in the London Roadwas pretty epicurean that evening.

Was it Regi Blinker who garnered special attention from our wit and repartee that evening?

Edit: Orlando Trustful!

Last edited:
Another 200 sold today, so we're over 8,200 home fans, and (subject to Sunderland's sales) over the 10,000 mark now.

Sales for Rochdale, which had been sluggish, have picked up a lot today, with about 550 sold today, bringing home sales up to just over 6,200. I'd expect another 400/500 home sales which would represent an increase of about 300 on the last match, and probably a 7,000 total attendance.

Not bad for a wet autumn day against (with all due respect) unattractive opposition, and another move in the right direction. We could really do with the Ipswich game being on, as we've had nothing much to pull the crowds in with the League games so far.

Another 200 sold today, so we're over 8,200 home fans, and (subject to Sunderland's sales) over the 10,000 mark now.

Sales for Rochdale, which had been sluggish, have picked up a lot today, with about 550 sold today, bringing home sales up to just over 6,200. I'd expect another 400/500 home sales which would represent an increase of about 300 on the last match, and probably a 7,000 total attendance.

Not bad for a wet autumn day against (with all due respect) unattractive opposition, and another move in the right direction. We could really do with the Ipswich game being on, as we've had nothing much to pull the crowds in with the League games so far.
With the increase in league attendances I think we can all agree it’s a gradual process so if we hit 7 I will be happy. The club have been pushing the social media aspect recently with improved (short term) results time to get out in the city and push it with proper in your face advertising

Anything beyond 7k tomorrow will be a decent attendance. If the Ipswich game goes ahead I would expect upwards of 8k with this hopefully building towards 9k+ for the Wycombe and Lincoln games either side of Christmas.

I appreciate that there were many thoughts about how we engage with the wider fan base, but maybe we're already not too far away from getting the kind of crowds this team deserves.

Anything beyond 7k tomorrow will be a decent attendance. If the Ipswich game goes ahead I would expect upwards of 8k with this hopefully building towards 9k+ for the Wycombe and Lincoln games either side of Christmas.

I appreciate that there were many thoughts about how we engage with the wider fan base, but maybe we're already not too far away from getting the kind of crowds this team deserves.

I guess it comes with a solid period of results/performances and a belief that maybe something great is actually brewing and this is not a flash in the pan.

It is now up to the team to continue to perform in front of increasing numbers.

Get us into the next round of the cup and continue our march up the league table and interest will continue to increase.

By all means continue to push OUFC in any way possible but momentum is a great force and word will spread.

COYY’s

I agree although I do think physical adverts (whether on buses or hoardings) in Oxford and the surrounding towns like DIdcot, Bicester, Abingdon is worth it to get it into the consciousness of those who are never or generally never see the club's social media.

think tomorrow, (post-match) will give a good idea of the likely attendance (give or take a few 100 stragglers) for the Sunderland cup game

I think that you're being a little bit conservative with all three. Assuming our results continue to be as good as they currently are.

If the Ipswich game goes ahead we should be looking at 9,000+ as an absolute minimum. They'll bring 1,800 and we would surely get 500 more home fans for them than for Rochdale? Similarly I think both Wycombe (really!!!) and Lincoln will pretty much sell out their allocations. As much as they're not our historical rivals in the way of Swindon or Reading, there is a bit of local rivalry with Wycombe, and I'd expect 7,500 to 8,000 home fans, maybe more, so we should be looking at 9,500+. Lincoln travel very well at the moment and I'll be both surprised, and very disappointed, if we don't have 8,500+ home fans on Boxing Day, so therefore 10,000+ total attendance.

These are the sort of games which will entice people to come back, a bit of feistiness, a big crowd, and a sense of occasion. As far as marketing these games is concerned these must be targeted not just at the existing, or lapsed fan base, but at the thousands of potential NEW fans that are out there just waiting to be excited by a day at the football. As I said previously the likes of Rochdale just do not have the appeal to the floating or non-committed supporter.

I’m looking and thinking Boxing Day could be a sell out if things stay how they are at the moment Lincoln travel well and Boxing Day is a day to get away from the mother in law ?

I think that you're being a little bit conservative with all three. Assuming our results continue to be as good as they currently are.

If the Ipswich game goes ahead we should be looking at 9,000+ as an absolute minimum. They'll bring 1,800 and we would surely get 500 more home fans for them than for Rochdale? Similarly I think both Wycombe (really!!!) and Lincoln will pretty much sell out their allocations. As much as they're not our historical rivals in the way of Swindon or Reading, there is a bit of local rivalry with Wycombe, and I'd expect 7,500 to 8,000 home fans, maybe more, so we should be looking at 9,500+. Lincoln travel very well at the moment and I'll be both surprised, and very disappointed, if we don't have 8,500+ home fans on Boxing Day, so therefore 10,000+ total attendance.

These are the sort of games which will entice people to come back, a bit of feistiness, a big crowd, and a sense of occasion. As far as marketing these games is concerned these must be targeted not just at the existing, or lapsed fan base, but at the thousands of potential NEW fans that are out there just waiting to be excited by a day at the football. As I said previously the likes of Rochdale just do not have the appeal to the floating or non-committed supporter.
I totally agree but didn't want to get shot down for being Mr "Glass filled to the bloody top"!!!

Remember that we'll also have the league cup quarterfinal in December so there will be plenty to look forward to!

I'm disappointed that they are not running the 'Unipart Park & Ride' bus shuttle again, especially as the attendance looks like it is going to be at least as big as West Ham. It takes the pressure off those us who can't get there early to get a reasonable parking space.

I’m looking and thinking Boxing Day could be a sell out if things stay how they are at the moment Lincoln travel well and Boxing Day is a day to get away from the mother in law ?
Or Father in law - how very sexist. Gosh! Girls can go to football to you know although you need to explain the offside rule to them otherwise they won't know what's going on..

If we are still up there it could easily be 10000 to 11000.

Im feeling quietly confident about the three matches all blacks rochdale sunderland obviously would sacrifice the rugby for other two!

Back
Top Bottom