League Cup Sunderland tickets at 25% discount

Slight slowing up over the last couple of days, which is not unusual for weekends, and we're now approaching 7,200 of home sales, meaning 9,000 total (assuming Sunderland sell their full allocation of 1,800 as before). Still very much on target for 10,000+.

I'd expect to see a bit more take up for this and the Rochdale game over the course of next week, and hope the Rochdale game doesn't suffer as a result of this one. The team are playing some great stuff at the moment and don't have many home games in the next five or six weeks so it would be good if people could get behind BOTH of these games. They wouldn't be disappointed if they did.

I'm amazed that Sunderland supporters want to bother coming at all. Looking at their forum it's all doom and gloom! Hilarious really, some even want to sack Parkinson after just one game! How could they have lost at Wycombe? etc. etc. They are so far up their own backsides and still see themselves as bigger than anyone else and should be in an automatic promotion spot.

Almost any thread on here is good for a laugh!
https://www.readytogo.net/smb/forums/pure-football.86/

I'm amazed that Sunderland supporters want to bother coming at all. Looking at their forum it's all doom and gloom! Hilarious really, some even want to sack Parkinson after just one game! How could they have lost at Wycombe? etc. etc. They are so far up their own backsides and still see themselves as bigger than anyone else and should be in an automatic promotion spot.

Yes, I often have a look on there.

Their sense of entitlement is incredible, even now after a year and a half in League One. They turn on their players, on their managers, on each other, and have now well and truly turned on Stewart and Charlie!

I can't find any information regarding how many tickets they've sold for our game, so maybe I'll have to revise my estimate of their following downwards?

Big club my ar5e!!!

Although they make some fair points in this one: https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/“P**s-taking-party-stops-here”.1490806/ with regards Richard Hill and the other football side staff that are ex-Eastleigh as that is quite a jump. Especially when you think Richard Hill (as is pointed out in the thread) was sacked twice by SD as Eastleigh manager.

Although they make some fair points in this one: https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/“P**s-taking-party-stops-here”.1490806/ with regards Richard Hill and the other football side staff that are ex-Eastleigh as that is quite a jump. Especially when you think Richard Hill (as is pointed out in the thread) was sacked twice by SD as Eastleigh manager.

I think it's a little unfair of Sunderland fans to mock Eastleigh, especially as they could be in the same league soon!!! ???

Haha got bored and done some dot counting and am probably miles off but have counted 2071 home tickets left for the Sunderland match and with 6 days to go am fully expecting it to match the attendance of the West Ham
Game ?

It's a bit disappointing that this hasn't sold out already, lots of empty seats at the end of stands.

The last two posts are a classic case of one being a glass half full and then the next one a glass half empty mentality!

Did a count up yesterday afternoon and home sales were 7,600, meaning 400 sold in the previous 48 hours. This puts us at a total attendance of 9,400 with a week to go, so still very much on target for 10,000 plus, similar to the West Ham game.

In my opinion that's pretty good for a midweek game between two sides in the same division. What I hope is that those people who come along witness both a good victory and also an "event." Although the West Ham game was a great result and performance, I felt it never quite had the buzz of some of our other big midweek games. I'm not quite sure why that was, but it's that feeling of being involved in something special, something with edge and excitement, that makes the (as yet) uncommitted supporter want to return, so lets make it one of those special nights.

The last two posts are a classic case of one being a glass half full and then the next one a glass half empty mentality!

Did a count up yesterday afternoon and home sales were 7,600, meaning 400 sold in the previous 48 hours. This puts us at a total attendance of 9,400 with a week to go, so still very much on target for 10,000 plus, similar to the West Ham game.

In my opinion that's pretty good for a midweek game between two sides in the same division. What I hope is that those people who come along witness both a good victory and also an "event." Although the West Ham game was a great result and performance, I felt it never quite had the buzz of some of our other big midweek games. I'm not quite sure why that was, but it's that feeling of being involved in something special, something with edge and excitement, that makes the (as yet) uncommitted supporter want to return, so lets make it one of those special nights.
Spot on @Colin B . So looking forward to putting one over the Mackems, mainly to read their forum after the game! Attendance wise, it is pleasing to know we have sold so many tickets, I had feared that it may have been a case of less interest but, obviously, not so.

Good counting Colin.
Agree that 10000 plus would be a decent crowd and with the prize at stake hopefully a good atmosphere.

Good counting Colin.
Agree that 10000 plus would be a decent crowd and with the prize at stake hopefully a good atmosphere.

I would have thought Sunderland would make more noise than West Ham as well, and there shouldn’t be as many away supporters in home ends, plus as you say a bigger game in terms of how far it would be getting in the competition, so overall I’d expect a much better atmosphere.

Hopefully we can get a good win on Sat and then a load more fans will get late tickets to the cup game...

We should have a big home attendance for this one - cheap, and the first time we've gotten to this stage in the League Cup for more than twenty years. With a great opportunity to progress to the quarters.

Away attendance? Not so sure. 500 mile round trip on a Tuesday night to a stadium you're going to visit later in the year, in the 4th round of a competition you were in the final of just six years' ago?
(for West Ham fans, it was at least close and a new ground).

Suspect Sunderland fans are only really interested in the league this year. Will be impressed if they sell out.
Was the last one Southampton away when Bobby Ford scored a belter?

We should have a big home attendance for this one - cheap, and the first time we've gotten to this stage in the League Cup for more than twenty years. With a great opportunity to progress to the quarters.

Away attendance? Not so sure. 500 mile round trip on a Tuesday night to a stadium you're going to visit later in the year, in the 4th round of a competition you were in the final of just six years' ago?
(for West Ham fans, it was at least close and a new ground).

Suspect Sunderland fans are only really interested in the league this year. Will be impressed if they sell out.
Mackems have a London/ South/ Southeast based supporters group, with well over 1000 members ...it wouldnt be a 500mile round trip for any of them Id guess?

Mackems, I think, will get close to, if not actually, selling out their allocation for the League Cup match on Tues eve

Another 200 sold in the last 24 hours. In reality it's more than that, as about 40 tickets have become available in the central areas of the South Stand Upper. This is probably the club releasing tickets that have a slightly restricted view once those areas are sold out (as they were).

So we're now at about 7,800 home fans and 9,600 total. All bar the fence end of SSU has only a handful in each block. All bar the two fence end blocks and the other end block of the SSL have only a handful in each block. All bar the two end blocks of the East Stand have only a handful in each block. Only the end block of the NS has any more than a handful left.

Hopefully we'll pass the 10,000 mark over the next 48 hours.

Last edited:
Was the last one Southampton away when Bobby Ford scored a belter?

That was indeed the 4th round of the League Cup in 1996/97, but our most recent trip to the last sixteen was actually the year after that.

Apparently we lost 2-1 at home to Ipswich in the fourth round in 97/98, with Joey scoring our goal, but that's a game I remember nothing about!

That was indeed the 4th round of the League Cup in 1996/97, but our most recent trip to the last sixteen was actually the year after that.

Apparently we lost 2-1 at home to Ipswich in the fourth round in 97/98, with Joey scoring our goal, but that's a game I remember nothing about!

Have fond memories of us beating Sheffield Wednesday in the second round of the Coca Cola Cup in 1996.

Back
Top Bottom