League One Sunderland sack Phil Parkinson

I wonder if sol best brain in football Campbell gets the job oh that would be funny

Who exactly has sacked him? Stewart Donald who is trying to sell up? Or has this been encouraged by the incoming new owners?

The constant firing and hiring is what keeps Sunderland in the position that they’re in. Two defeats this season, a game in hand on all the playoff teams and win that and they’re two points off the automatics. Learn some humility, you won’t win every game, accept the odd run where you don’t win but support your manager.

Eddie Howe would be mad to go there.
i would love PP here. Maybe we could trade in KR

Sacking Parkinson is the usual "clearing the decks" move that precedes a new owner coming in - although as that appears to be Sartori and his clan - who appointed Parkinson - it is pretty weird. Therefore I reckon it is someone else with plenty of bucks - Sunderland are in a strong position in the league - & they will come in to fund a load of big money players in January.

Probably see Stewart back at the Kassam in the new year - maybe just not as a spectator?

Sacking Parkinson is the usual "clearing the decks" move that precedes a new owner coming in - although as that appears to be Sartori and his clan - who appointed Parkinson - it is pretty weird. Therefore I reckon it is someone else with plenty of bucks - Sunderland are in a strong position in the league - & they will come in to fund a load of big money players in January.

Probably see Stewart back at the Kassam in the new year - maybe just not as a spectator?

Er, no they won't.

They can't.

Regardless of how plentiful their bucks are.

They'll still have to operate under the wage cap so the number of big money signings will be limited unless they are loans where they pay a big loan fee* rather than wages.

*I assume, maybe wrongly, that this would be excluded from the Wage cap regs.

Sunderland have appointed lee Johnson as new head coach

That conversation he recounts could have been written for Little Britain. Cheers, I'd like to read Parkinson's view of it but an interesting read nonetheless.
I thought one of the unwritten rules of football was never criticise other clubs or managers whether it's a club you've just left or an opponent, as fate often conspires to put you back in the same team again.

Can't remember who it was a few years ago, had a terrible relationship with a manager at one club, managed to leave and join another club, only for the manager to be sacked by the first club and join the second club.

Perhaps McGeady is thinking at 34 he is hardly starting out. Was he one of the overpaid stars that Sunderland have been trying to get rid of for years?

I thought one of the unwritten rules of football was never criticise other clubs or managers whether it's a club you've just left or an opponent, as fate often conspires to put you back in the same team again.

Can't remember who it was a few years ago, had a terrible relationship with a manager at one club, managed to leave and join another club, only for the manager to be sacked by the first club and join the second club.

Perhaps McGeady is thinking at 34 he is hardly starting out. Was he one of the overpaid stars that Sunderland have been trying to get rid of for years?

I'm guessing but I doubt he wants a career in coaching based on this as you are right about the unwritten rule. I think he was one of those players afaik and tbf to Parkinson, if a football forum is any guide ( :)) then prior to being frozen out he was getting some real stick from those fans for his performances. He wasn't unique in getting stick on that forum though as they all were pretty much.

Fascinating piece by Aiden McGeady about being left out under Parkinson.

McGeady is a chatterbox about managers. He sang like a canary when he had the chance to slam Chris Coleman on Sunderland ‘til I Die.

Phil Parkinson may have had flaws as a manager but I think he may have have been right on McGeady. He has been part of failing teams for a while.

Back
Top Bottom