Sunderland Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really not the case. We were on a real low but the new owners and success on the pitch have raised optimism, but at no point did we think this league was a given. We are doing better than expected..

I would put a large sum of money that if we went back through you're teams forum and social media postings from fans at the start of the season then it would paint a different picture than the one you are trying to paint.

I reckon itll be Luton n Barnsley autos ....charlton via playoffs.... & pompey & sunderland will stay in l1

I reckon Pompey have sorted out their weakness which was no decent striker, who could play the lone striker role (and 90 mins - ie. Pitman couldn't) when Hawkins is injured. They signed 2 so I'd have them over Charlton who lost their main striker.

I think Matt Everett's notes said there is little point trying to drive attendances for a midweek game against Accrington for instance, whereas a Saturday game against Sunderland should attract fans.

Looking back over our top Kassam attendances, strip out Cup games, play-offs, Boxing Day / New Years day and last game of the season, and you are left with ...
Sw**don, Luton, Millwall, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Portsmouth etc. All teams who bring decent away support and we have a reputation too.

Well yes but that’s one selected quote - I seem to remember before your forum banned me that you were going to P**s this poxy league and hammer oxford who were a shithouse of a club who would take less than 400 to SOL - yes there were some reasoned posts but plenty of billy big bollox and the truth is you should (with your resources) of course P**s this league - auto surely the least you should be expecting - not be in the shadow of two clubs who were in L2 only 2 years ago. We don’t believe your not expecting it think your just trying to ingratiate yourself by pretending your not.

Well yes but that’s one selected quote - I seem to remember before your forum banned me that you were going to P**s this poxy league and hammer oxford who were a shithouse of a club who would take less than 400 to SOL - yes there were some reasoned posts but plenty of billy big bollox and the truth is you should (with your resources) of course P**s this league - auto surely the least you should be expecting - not be in the shadow of two clubs who were in L2 only 2 years ago. We don’t believe your not expecting it think your just trying to ingratiate yourself by pretending your not.
Hello!

Why would I try to ingratiate myself. Once the season starts the posturing begins, but we were not optimistic. A few wins changed that.

The quote below summed up the feeling of the board at the beginning of the season, as the bookies had us as favourites. Our board was very pessimistic and I could give many examples.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-bookies.1439185/

The post below (in thread above) highlighted the feeling of our board and challenged it.

People on here seem keen to write us off but I doubt any of the same people can give me much knowledge as to why the rest of league one will be so much better.

Truth be told is a lot of fans aren't happy with the transfer business, they aren't happy that we are not buying players and see that as we won't be able to compete in this league yet if you turn it around, I bet we have plenty of players that the top league one sides would love and they will probably look at us and think we will be up there challenging.

A few new lads in and I think the bookies and a lot of other teams fans in this league will be right.

Expecting it now mind, so heading for a fall.

You asked for the p**s taking and well you know it!

1934 tickets left as of 3.00pm on Wednesday so that means there have been 403 sales since yesterday morning.

That would bring total estimated ticket sales to 9,809.

Remaining seats are as follows:

South Stand Upper 280 (61 sold since yesterday)
South Stand Lower 487 (85 sold since yesterday)
North Stand 398 (176 sold since yesterday)
East Stand 769 (81 sold since yesterday)

Advance info for Sunderland game from OUFC

Credit where credits due on this, well done OUFC communications for advising changes from 'usual ' for the game(including disabled parking being shut/moved to accommodate mackems 25 coaches among other info , such as the riot fence being in use).. . Link ... .https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/february/sunderland-fan-guide/

I think Matt Everett's notes said there is little point trying to drive attendances for a midweek game against Accrington for instance, whereas a Saturday game against Sunderland should attract fans.

Looking back over our top Kassam attendances, strip out Cup games, play-offs, Boxing Day / New Years day and last game of the season, and you are left with ...
Sw**don, Luton, Millwall, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Portsmouth etc. All teams who bring decent away support and we have a reputation too.

You forgot the Cobblers of Northampton Town. The 2016 Boxing Day gate was more than 11,800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom