Sunderland Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's like i said on another thread, our club just don't get their own fans...a few years back we had big hype because we drew Charlton in a league cup game not realizing that despite our position at the time most fans do not view charlton as a big attraction.

Now the same is happening with Sunderland when the fact remains Genuine Oxford fans go because it's their team, our clubs marketing department however go all out to get folk there saturday when it should be done for all matches.

We can welcome fans from any club but it's their players that need to feel less than welcome.

Saturday is just another game with 3 points available

it's like i said on another thread, our club just don't get their own fans...a few years back we had big hype because we drew Charlton in a league cup game not realizing that despite our position at the time most fans do not view charlton as a big attraction.

Now the same is happening with Sunderland when the fact remains Genuine Oxford fans go because it's their team, our clubs marketing department however go all out to get folk there saturday when it should be done for all matches.

We can welcome fans from any club but it's their players that need to feel less than welcome.

Saturday is just another game with 3 points available
I think that is the same with most fans. I often forget who we are playing that day until I see the away fans on the Metro. I'm going to go, or not, regardless of the opposition. We had a similar push to get all the fans in Boxing Day and that worked. It was a great day but back to normal now. You can only hope some of the occasional attendees start to go more often.

According to you none of you care about SD & CM

That's not what I said, I actually said that outside of this forum, very few people know or care about SD & CM or their history with OUFC, Many people on here care too much, in my opinion.

don't care about Sunderland, just another game, eh?

Why should we? You're a big club but we've played everyone - we're not a Sunday league team, despite our best efforts.

You got a problem with us? What was all that about?

I have no problem with SAFC. I think it's funny that every supporter of a bigger club believes that the smaller team should in some way be grateful to play them and confirm, over and over again, that they think that the bigger club is, indeed, a big club

According to you none of you care about SD & CM

That's not what I said, I actually said that outside of this forum, very few people know or care about SD & CM or their history with OUFC, Many people on here care too much, in my opinion.

don't care about Sunderland, just another game, eh?

Why should we? You're a big club but we've played everyone - we're not a Sunday league team, despite our best efforts.

You got a problem with us? What was all that about?

I have no problem with SAFC. I think it's funny that every supporter of a bigger club believes that the smaller team should in some way be grateful to play them and confirm, over and over again, that they think that the bigger club is, indeed, a big club
What's all this big club stuff? It is all stemming from you although I did post the link to a Jerome Sinclair interview, but that was a reaction. Are there other SAFC fans on here banging on about how big we are, coz I'm not? I'm pleased there is interest in this game you will get your biggest league crowd of the season. That is good, but aware it is not because we are a giant of football. I do think that a few more trundle up because we normally have good away support, but that is as far as I'll go regarding how big we are. Who cares anyway - apart fro you.

Interesting on the Sunderland forum that they are talking about how many have brought tickets in the home end. I can see things getting a bit tasty especially in the east stand if fans do not keep quiet. One lad was speaking about how he and 4 others are sat together in the home end.......

Edit: https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/oxford-away.1457163/page-8

Some interesting choices of pubs on there. The Bookbinders and the Victoria Arms! Mention of the Bear and the Royal Blenheim (which as someone pointed out, will be full of rugby fans).

Interesting on the Sunderland forum that they are talking about how many have brought tickets in the home end. I can see things getting a bit tasty especially in the east stand if fans do not keep quiet. One lad was speaking about how he and 4 others are sat together in the home end.......

I know lots have tried, but don't think they have been successful. You have to have some sort of history. Not like Fulham and the likes - join, get tickets. Suspect a few ticket less fans will be milling around and hopefully they get sorted out.

I can only see one reference to Sunderland fans having tickets in the Oxford end(s) and that's because an Oxford fan got them the tickets.

Hopefully they'll be respectful. If not, it'll be entirely that Oxford fan's fault for any problems.

I remember when Pompey were in league 2 and their fans thought they just had to turn up and they would P**s the league. They quickly found out that wasn't the case.
I think Sunderland fans are slowing realizing this but it still seems some fans think they are just here for a season. I actually think it will be Luton, Pompey and Barnsley to go up this season.

I remember when Pompey were in league 2 and their fans thought they just had to turn up and they would P**s the league. They quickly found out that wasn't the case.
I think Sunderland fans are slowing realizing this but it still seems some fans think they are just here for a season. I actually think it will be Luton, Pompey and Barnsley to go up this season.
That is really not the case. We were on a real low but the new owners and success on the pitch have raised optimism, but at no point did we think this league was a given. We are doing better than expected..

Th
That is really not the case. We were on a real low but the new owners and success on the pitch have raised optimism, but at no point did we think this league was a given. We are doing better than expected..
Since when have Sunderland fans thought they would win anything?

I reckon itll be Luton n Barnsley autos ....charlton via playoffs.... & pompey & sunderland will stay in l1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom