Sunderland Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no, no, a million times no.

How many times do we have to have this trotted out?

Also, as a North Stand season ticket holder, where do you suggest I sit when my seat is occupied by Sunderland/Portsmouth/B Rovers fans???
There was a rumour going around last week about the possibility of moving a block of ST holders to give safc more seats, I think the club are keeping a keen eye on the attendance to judge its feasibility.
If true to me that would mean no appreciation of loyal fans who spend there hard earned money on a ST.

Last edited:
“Loyal”
“Hard Earned”

Both phrases used to try and give more traction to arguments when they don’t realky have enough substance in my opinion.

The truth is, every club needs to maximise revenue streams and sometimes this might involve increasing the away allocation.

If we aren’t selling the tickets aimed for, which is a possibility given the form this season and the constant rubbish coming from the chairman and manager then it makes sense to open up a bit more of the north stand for away fans.

Let’s not forget, it’s not uncommon for people to come on here every time we go to Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon and complain about the “pitiful” allocation of seats we are given at each of those grounds.

I suspect giving us more would mean moving “loyal fans” who have spent “hard earned” money on a season ticket but it’s obviously ok when we want the extra room.

Can’t have it both ways.

• React
Reactions: Ian
There was a rumour going around last week about the possibility of moving a block of ST holders to give sufc more seats, I think the club are keeping a keen eye on the attendance to judge its feasibility.
If true to me that would mean no appreciation of loyal fans who spend there hard earned money on a ST.

Yes, I'd heard a similar rumour a few weeks ago, which thankfully the club haven't acted upon yet, and hopefully won't.

It would be a massive own goal if they did move season ticket holders (and others with tickets in that area) especially after the positive marketing initiative to sell 10,000 tickets. It would be embarrassing for the commercial department and an admission of failure. It would also P**s off season ticket holders who may question whether they should bother in future. It would set a precedent for future big games, thereby undermining the value of a season ticket in that area. Short term gain but long term pain.

Another point is that the League rules stipulate that each away side is entitled to 10% of the stadium for their fans. 1,800 is approximately 15% of our capacity, so more than enough.

Don't some of our fans remember the Leyton Orient game?!?!?!

That’s the beauty of HOME advantage , some on here would rather us forfeit this and make it EVEN harder to gain 3 points .

Giving a different view to be shot down but....
When the club sold STs in the middle of the North stand didn't they say at the time that it was on the proviso that it may mean for the occasional large game moving those people to a different part of the ground?
I seem to recall that but could be wrong

Giving a different view to be shot down but....
When the club sold STs in the middle of the North stand didn't they say at the time that it was on the proviso that it may mean for the occasional large game moving those people to a different part of the ground?
I seem to recall that but could be wrong

No, they didn't say that.

Correct. Season tickets in the mid North Stand have neither caveat nor proviso.

This had better not happen. Particularly for Sheffield United supporters. Why should they have special treatment? Why are they even being allowed to go?

I believe it’s part of their pilgrimage to return to the stable at which their managerial messiah was born, or something.

“Loyal”
“Hard Earned”

Both phrases used to try and give more traction to arguments when they don’t realky have enough substance in my opinion.

The truth is, every club needs to maximise revenue streams and sometimes this might involve increasing the away allocation.

If we aren’t selling the tickets aimed for, which is a possibility given the form this season and the constant rubbish coming from the chairman and manager then it makes sense to open up a bit more of the north stand for away fans.

Let’s not forget, it’s not uncommon for people to come on here every time we go to Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon and complain about the “pitiful” allocation of seats we are given at each of those grounds.

I suspect giving us more would mean moving “loyal fans” who have spent “hard earned” money on a season ticket but it’s obviously ok when we want the extra room.

Can’t have it both ways.
No one is asking it for both ways..
IF the club had been putting maximum effort on and off the pitch throughout the season, then this might have had a better chance to have the fans on side.
As it is the NS is not a great match day experience with the constant use of the barrier blocking off access to a much needed toilet facility, the queues for refreshments and the toilets just mingle into one big melee, the use of the far end of the NS as a child friendly area is in reality a joke, how the parents must view the chaos at half time waiting to get to the front of either queue, some people coming back into the stand 10 mins after the restart.

I think the club should be looking after their own fans loyal or not, whether they have spent their hard earned cash or pocket money, there is a bigger job to be done getting the problems in the NS sorted never mind going for the quick buck off away fans we might never see again.

Oh apparently the half time chaos under the NS is OK as it falls inside guidelines.

If we gave them the north stand that would only give us 7,500 (roughly) home tickets? We will sell over that, so that would mean Oxford fans missing out to get Sunderland fans in. That would seem a very short term attitude, just to get a few extra quid in.

Add in that we are fighting relegation and every point will help us, relegation will cost us far more than any extra income from a few extra away fans and it’s pretty easy to see why giving the whole of the north stand to the away fans is a bad idea.

This of course could all be solved if the ground we rent was ever finished by the thieving bastard who owns it, but he has only had 17 years to do that.

We haven’t won away from home in the league all season and people are suggesting we increase the opposition’s support, thereby negating our home advantage whilst making our opponents feel much more at home!

To put it mildly a very silly suggestion.

Does the 7,000ish sold so far include away tickets sold? Having just done some dot counting, I don't get anywhere near 7,000 for home tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom