Sunderland Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main point to take from all this is if kassam wasn't such an a**e and had built a proper ground we wouldn't be having this debate. Three stands for us, one stand for away and everyone goes home happy

U could also then argue that at the time it wasn’t considered necessary to have a bigger capacity. And even now when u consider we have only had 5 league attendances since 2010 over 10k it’s still not critical for 99% of matches. It would be great for other factors. Give the away fans the east stand and have a purpose built safe standing stand with low roof for our fans. [emoji7]

I think the main point to take from all this is if kassam wasn't such an a**e and had built a proper ground we wouldn't be having this debate. Three stands for us, one stand for away and everyone goes home happy
I'm not sure where the responsibility lays with that, the person who started to build the ground or the person who finished it..

All of this stuff about 3 sided ground and away allocation are ridiculous. When Erick comes on board we'll soon see a huge new stadium filled with tens of thousands of Oxford fans. The likes of Sunderland will only dream of playing us as we leapfrog past them in to the PL with Charlie crying into his coco-pops at what might have been!!!

Very true. I'm a bit of a mug, but I was willing to see Sinner as a decent away fan. At first. Then he reverted to away fan type. 'Ooooh, we don't pretend to be a big club, but we are really and I'll keep quoting examples to prove it until you believe me.'
Just popped in to see if any updates on pubs and come across this nonsense.

Works both ways. I came on here and found the posters friendly, informative and witty. It is a really good forum but then I have to tolerate the tedious w******s that come out of the woodwork and make misjudged preconceptions about me or SAFC fans in general.

I never mentioned what a big club were if you want to check, but then had to endure nonsense like - Sunderland think we are privileged to play them - Sunderland think they are a too big a club for this league - Sunderland think they will p**s the league - Sunderland aren't a big club, never been in my lifetime. I did post the Jerome Sinclair link after the last comment as found it amusing it came out at the same time. However, you constant reference to 'big club' was getting tedious and small time (minority obviously).

Sunderland are probably the most grounded fans you will meet, and many had low aspirations this season. We certainly did not think we were too good for this league. There is an ongoing pisstake by our rivals up the road because we get so excited for scoring against Walsall for example, but we do get excited when we score against Walsall. Our home and away attendances surely reflect we don't think this league is below us.

Rant over but I hate be tarred with this Billy Big Bollox crap. I will leave you all alone until we meet again or there is something interesting to discuss. I'm going to be in Oxford a lot over the coming years so will keep in touch :love:

Now F**k Off! FTM

Works both ways. I came on here and found the posters friendly, informative and witty. It is a really good forum but then I have to tolerate the tedious w******s that come out of the woodwork and make misjudged preconceptions about me or SAFC fans in general.

I never mentioned what a big club were if you want to check, but then had to endure nonsense like - Sunderland think we are privileged to play them - Sunderland think they are a too big a club for this league - Sunderland think they will p**s the league - Sunderland aren't a big club, never been in my lifetime. I did post the Jerome Sinclair link after the last comment as found it amusing it came out at the same time. However, you constant reference to 'big club' was getting tedious and small time (minority obviously).

Sunderland are probably the most grounded fans you will meet, and many had low aspirations this season. We certainly did not think we were too good for this league. There is an ongoing pisstake by our rivals up the road because we get so excited for scoring against Walsall for example, but we do get excited when we score against Walsall. Our home and away attendances surely reflect we don't think this league is below us.

Rant over but I hate be tarred with this Billy Big Bollox crap. I will leave you all alone until we meet again or there is something interesting to discuss. I'm going to be in Oxford a lot over the coming years so will keep in touch :love:

Now F**k Off! FTM

Obnoxious little turd!!

Now F**k Off! FTM
If you, your fan base or your chairman didn't have a 'big club' mentality then why did you all moan when you weren't given extra tickets?

Just accept your serious fall from grace, accept you are playing in league 1 and quite honestly 1800 is a lot more tickets than a lot of teams in this league will give you.

Your fans on your own forum bigging up how they have bought tickets in the home end, I don't get involved in any form of violence myself but I will say from experience of seeing fans who have tried this before, it does not end well.

For what it's worth this was the game I was looking forward to all season because it would be a great atmosphere against a real football club with loyal and passionate fans. This has all been a bit tainted now by certain Sunderland fans who think they are privalaged and should be given what they want in this league.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Just not Saturday.

Sunderland are probably the most grounded fans you will meet, and many had low aspirations this season.
And every season. And in life in general, except your daughter who seems to have broken the mould. Let me hazard an educated guess - you don't live in the working class city of Sunderland itself and your daughter didn't go to a dead end city comprehensive?

I don't know you Sinner and rather hoped I'd grown out of the habit of picking fights with strangers on anonymous internet forums, but however much you protest your innocence, the general tenet of many of your posts is that SAFC are indeed Billy Big Bollox.

Heard it all before. Whenever Pompey come to town, for instance. It's dull. We know where OUFC are in the football hierarchy. It interests us not one jot how much of an over-inflated football ego other clubs have.

To read some of Charlie's comments - and I vaguely know him, have even stood with him and others on a couple of away terraces - about how special both SAFC and OUFC now are to him will not gain your club many fans around here. Not that you give a toss about that. Why should you?

All of this stuff about 3 sided ground and away allocation are ridiculous. When Erick comes on board we'll soon see a huge new stadium filled with tens of thousands of Oxford fans. The likes of Sunderland will only dream of playing us as we leapfrog past them in to the PL with Charlie crying into his coco-pops at what might have been!!!

WOW that’s some dream. But sod it why shouldn’t it happen for OUFC

Hello!

Why would I try to ingratiate myself. Once the season starts the posturing begins, but we were not optimistic. A few wins changed that.

The quote below summed up the feeling of the board at the beginning of the season, as the bookies had us as favourites. Our board was very pessimistic and I could give many

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-bookies.1439185/

The post below (in thread above) highlighted the feeling of our board and challenged it.

People on here seem keen to write us off but I doubt any of the same people can give me much knowledge as to why the rest of league one will be so much better.

Truth be told is a lot of fans aren't happy with the transfer business, they aren't happy that we are not buying players and see that as we won't be able to compete in this league yet if you turn it around, I bet we have plenty of players that the top league one sides would love and they will probably look at us and think we will be up there challenging.

A few new lads in and I think the bookies and a lot of other teams fans in this league will be right.

You’d want to ingratiate yourself because you are a sensitive type who enjoys attention and wants to be liked

Sunderland once had the nickname 'the bank of England', given by the press. Really, they should be in the top league, with their history. But they are not.....................they are in this shitty, so-called League f*cking one, same as us. Look at Notts County and their history and look where they are now. Look at Swindon and THEIR history. They started as a s**t club and will STAY as a s**t club.

Last edited:
I've written to Matt Everett to enquire about the policy for dealing with the (inevitable) infiltration of away fans into the home areas. I think the club should make a statement on what will happen to those Sunderland fans that choose to make themselves known.

I think there is significant potential for conflict at this game and our fans should be reassured by OUFC of the measures in place for ejection.

I’ll never understand why football fans cannot cope with rival supporters near them. As long as they celebrate with a little decorum it’ll be fine. If they did, maybe we could enjoy a beer whilst watching the sport we love.

I’ll never understand why football fans cannot cope with rival supporters near them. As long as they celebrate with a little decorum it’ll be fine. If they did, maybe we could enjoy a beer whilst watching the sport we love.

I see it differently but I understand that not everyone shares that view. Segregation makes the experience better, in my opinion and I believe that the club has a duty to enforce it.

Any dilution of the partisan nature of being a football fan, through mixed areas, would make the spectacle of supporting football poorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom