Sunderland Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
No is it full of aggro lads wiv scarves tied round their wrists? Cor blimey!

Sad to say that you’re not far off. At least where I randomly ended up. Half of them spend their time looking at the away fans and giving them the finger. And surreptitiously smoking. And drinking. And I’m not lying.

Sad to say that you’re not far off. At least where I randomly ended up. Half of them spend their time looking at the away fans and giving them the finger. And surreptitiously smoking. And drinking. And I’m not lying.
Isn’t that the north stand? Went there for a cup game once and there were some genuinely unpleasant and ridiculous individuals spoiling for a fight. Probably just big glory hunters

Isn’t that the north stand? Went there for a cup game once and there were some genuinely unpleasant and ridiculous individuals spoiling for a fight. Probably just big glory hunters

No idea. I’ve only ever sat in the East Stand. Nice blokes, don’t get me wrong. Just dinosaurs. God forbid any of these Sunnerland “lads” should be anywhere near them.

Have to say I don’t think Sinner is as bad as we are making out. He’s not ideal but he’s not a complete t**t. We need to accept that he is going to have a different view.

I would say he’s slightly naive though. There’s that whole thing we had in year one of the conference. The slight sense of two relegations and how are we here. Are you excited we are here.etc he’s processing grief and shock at being at this level and trying to find a way to enjoy it.

The reality is that we don’t give a s**t. There really won’t be that many Mackems in the home end. Their atmosphere will be decent but no better than aldershot. They’ve afecent fan base but the media love in doesn’t mean they’re better fans than us.

And they may be surprised if they bring their stereotype about what posh oxford fans may be like. Just like Pompey Millwall and plenty of other clubs have been.

Enjoy your day out sinner but hope you leave with zero points

I'm much better in real life, but more abrasive. No good at this social media stuff and want it all to be nice and fun. Hate someone being rude from behind a keyboard and get riled. Same as when someone makes a rude gesture from the safety of their car - I want to drag them out the window and beat them savagely - not good, I know.

Re Oxford fans, I know what they are like. I have seen them riot in Reading, scrap in Swindon, battle in Bristol and w**k at Wembley. I have been to over 80 grounds with Sunderland and probably seen more bother at Oxford games although that might be selective memory, and obviously excluding Boro and the Mags (and possibly Chelsea and Milwall and Cardiff and Leeds) - aye - selective memory.

I always enjoy my day out. It is one of the things I do best and my mates, including Bodmin, are pretty good at it too.

One thing I promise not to do is have a post mortem on here after the game, especially if we win. Another thing I hate is gloating - something Bodmin is very good at!

I will most likely disappear after this game but have appreciated being a guest and did not want to offend. Just got a bit irritated by the ' big club' jibes.

This is the Sunderland match thread so feel free to ignore if you only want a viewpoint from outside the northern wasteland.

Ffs bit of fun you precious little ( stop! Inside voice)

No its not. Official Match threads have their own style & timing. I did tell you previously. Pay attention. :)

1655 seats left as of 9.00am on Friday - so that would being my current total estimated attendance to 10,088

Sales were quite slow yesterday so it will be interesting to see if there is a last minute rush today.

Remaining seats are:

South Stand Upper 251
South Stand Lower 405
North Stand 309
East Stand 690

Well we've done it.

The club announced 10,108 sales about half an hour ago. I've just done a count up and make it as follows:

North - 2,322 (253 left) = 90.17% occupancy
East - 2,215 (664 left) = 76.94% occupancy
S Lower - 1,947 (355 left) = 84.58% occupancy
S Upper - 1,953 (221 left) = 89.83% occupancy
Away - 1,823
Total - 10,260 = 84.96% home areas occupancy

So a slight difference, (which may be to do with processing of sales?) but a good effort and possibly another few hundred to come. We've sold 162 since The Curragh posted five hours ago, (about 300 on the club's reckoning) so I'd think 10,500 is not impossible. It's interesting to see how the East Stand appears less popular than previously and I think this is due to the increased popularity of the North Stand.

Bloody good job we didn't give Sunderland that extra 1,000 tickets!!!

Well we've done it.

The club announced 10,108 sales about half an hour ago. I've just done a count up and make it as follows:

Away - 1,823

So a slight difference, (which may be to do with processing of sales?) but a good effort and possibly another few hundred to come. We've sold 162 since The Curragh posted five hours ago, (about 300 on the club's reckoning) so I'd think 10,500 is not impossible. It's interesting to see how the East Stand appears less popular than previously and I think this is due to the increased popularity of the North Stand.

Credit to Matt Everett at the club for his efforts on this, and for OUFC fans for getting behind the team/club.

Would have been easy money to just let Sunderland sell more tickets, but his faith was rewarded, and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow now.

Don't forget the FoodBank collection.

Well we've done it.

Away - 1,823

believe home supporters registered on the database are now able to buy tickets online up until midday for all ticket (home) games..... a positive result from the Q n A at CPF with Matt Everett, Kath Faulkner n co.... which demonstrates the club do listen to, and where able, will do what they can to improve the situation. All credit to SLO, Communications and Ticketing officials I say

the OxVox/oufc foobank initiative after being postponed a few weeks ago is also taking place before tomorrows game (cant find the link, but it is out there), should anyone want to donate?

edit- I posted the above ^ without seeing @SiHath post , which says more or less the same thing, which was posted while i was typing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom