Sunderland Away Tickets

mickbrownsconscience

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but what has happened to the online ticket website?
I went to buy my Sunderland ticket tonight and instead of asking me for my five-digit supporter number as it has done for many years, it displayed one of my old email addresses and said my pasword was invalid. You what? I've had the same password since they went online.
So I had to set up a new email address and passsword and then I was able to buy the ticket. But it still threw up the right delivery address and when I checked 'account history' it had the 139 tickets I had bought previously. Wierd. Why oh why do they mess with these things? It was fine for the Barnsley & Pompey tickets.

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but what has happened to the online ticket website?
I went to buy my Sunderland ticket tonight and instead of asking me for my five-digit supporter number as it has done for many years, it displayed one of my old email addresses and said my pasword was invalid. You what? I've had the same password since they went online.
So I had to set up a new email address and passsword and then I was able to buy the ticket. But it still threw up the right delivery address and when I checked 'account history' it had the 139 tickets I had bought previously. Wierd. Why oh why do they mess with these things? It was fine for the Barnsley & Pompey tickets.
Booked mine today.
Often find that password not recognised first time.

password problem could be down to ticketmaster after their hacking problem earlier this year

Want to go up and stay in Newcastle but the train prices are ridiculous!

Remember going there around. 1973. Comprehensively beaten 3-0. Dennis Tueart ran us ragged. However, Sunderland fans around us were really impressed with Roy Clayton. Wae'aye man, he's a canny player. About the only bright spot on a forgettable day. It was a long way home.

Northern rail trains are due to be on strike on this day. Meaning some of their services Newcastle to Sunderland may be impacted. Alternative option is tyne & wear metro.

Bought my tickets today. Numbered 1340 and 1341 - I doubt we have sold that many though, never sure what the numbers mean when you buy online.

Remember going there around. 1973. Comprehensively beaten 3-0. Dennis Tueart ran us ragged. However, Sunderland fans around us were really impressed with Roy Clayton. Wae'aye man, he's a canny player. About the only bright spot on a forgettable day. It was a long way home.

I can remember going up there twice in a week for a Cup game and a League game. Also, I have a memory of (for the one and only time) Mark Druce absolutely tearing them apart.

Never heard the Roker roar, although heard plenty of boos. :)

Hate to raise it......but we haven't been there since this, have we?
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/6638451.7-0__UNITED_HUMILIATED_BY_SUNDERLAND/

Usually when you look at the teamsheets from these historic defeats, you recall in horror. But weirdly, we didn't have a terrible team out that day either (Phil Whelan excepted):

Whitehead
Robinson
Whelan
Gilchrist
Marsh
Beauchamp
Smith
Gray
Powell
Windass
Thomson
Strange season that one, As you say that team was not bad and did produce some good results that season. Following that Sunderland debacle, I think we thrashed QPR at home and slaughtered WBA 3-0, Beauchamp was superb v WBA.
We also beat Birmingham away 1-0 only then to lose 7-1 at home. Later in the season was the Chelsea cup game and historic turning point in history of the club Mr K took over.

We picked up flights from Heathrow (BA) around 9pm on the Friday, comong back Sunday afternoon was 150 each. I imagine they are around 200 now

I can remember going up there twice in a week for a Cup game and a League game. Also, I have a memory of (for the one and only time) Mark Druce absolutely tearing them apart.

Never heard the Roker roar, although heard plenty of boos. :)
Twice in one week! Now thats what I call support.

Hate to raise it......but we haven't been there since this, have we?
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/6638451.7-0__UNITED_HUMILIATED_BY_SUNDERLAND/

Usually when you look at the teamsheets from these historic defeats, you recall in horror. But weirdly, we didn't have a terrible team out that day either (Phil Whelan excepted):

Whitehead
Robinson
Whelan
Gilchrist
Marsh
Beauchamp
Smith
Gray
Powell
Windass
Thomson
Went to this game with my brother-in-law, a Sunderland season ticket holder and left to return to Yorkshire when it reached 6-0. As I was leaving the ground the seventh goal went in, shown on the overhead screens. That night my brother-in-law telephoned to describe the goal I had ‘missed’. Oh, how we laughed!

I always phone for mine now as I always have trouble online :-(
I managed to book and pay for Wembley twice and took ages to sort it, then did the same for Bradford away last year, it came up with a message saying error, go back to start, so I did, put everything in again and ended up paying twice, the confirmation for the first time dropped in just as I OK'd the 2nd. Don't trust it now.

Back
Top Bottom