Summer Academy Update

Shosho

Loads going on:

Dan Harris appears to have done a fantastic job. Credit to tiger also for supporting the academy development...it’s all pretty exciting!

Dan Haris ( ;) ) needs to learn how to spell JP's name correctly. :)

Also, could I make a suggestion on the forum sponsorship, (although it won't get a shirt out of it I assume) is instead of cursing sponsoring a player why not sponsor something to do with the Academy*?

*Although would it curse the whole Academy?

Last edited:
Dan Harris's updates always leave me feeling more positive than I was before I started reading. He is definitely a huge asset for the club.

It does also seem that there is real investment going into the youth side of things, so credit must go to Tiger and the Board. Let's hope it starts to pay dividends in the not too distant future!

There seems to be a lot of money going into the Academy (regularly we are reading of new staff)
Great to see a couple of players who have other clubs looking at them come to Oxford. This was what Dan Harris said he wanted to happen when he first came on board (I was very impressed with him the first time that I saw him at an Oxvox event)
I guess that the success will be shown once the younger players come through to the first team. We have seen Shandon, Nico Jones and Jack Steven's (and some in the less important cups) and I am really looking forward to more of them making an impact in the next 2 to 3 seasons

Dan Harris's updates always leave me feeling more positive than I was before I started reading. He is definitely a huge asset for the club.

It does also seem that there is real investment going into the youth side of things, so credit must go to Tiger and the Board. Let's hope it starts to pay dividends in the not too distant future!

Isn’t it already, with baptiste, Stevens, spasov and a few others all making debuts last season

Isn’t it already, with baptiste, Stevens, spasov and a few others all making debuts last season

Not sure how much of that you can attribute to Tiger et al though? All of those players were at the club before he arrived weren't they? If anything, their involvement in the first team is more a result of Robinson's willingness to give them a chance (which he must be credited for) than what's currently going on with the youth setup.

Not sure how much of that you can attribute to Tiger et al though? All of those players were at the club before he arrived weren't they? If anything, their involvement in the first team is more a result of Robinson's willingness to give them a chance (which he must be credited for) than what's currently going on with the youth setup.
Then again you could say it was tiger that went for Robinson as the wow signing, fully aware he the man to bring young players through, and also introduced a completely new u23 side to help implement that. Almost as if he had a plan isn’t it

Last edited by a moderator:
Then again you could say it was tiger that went for Robinson as the wow signing, fully aware he the man to bring young players through, and also introduced a completely new u23 side to help implement that. Almost as if he had a plan isn’t it

I'm almost certain that Robinson was not the 'wow' manager Tiger was referring to. Hasn't it been publicly reported that he was due to meet with Kleivert?

You might also argue that his hand was forced into giving some of the youngsters a go. Stevens only got a game when Eastwood was suspended, and Spasov was on the bench during a period of the season where there was a large number of injuries (poor summer recruitment?).

I've praised both Tiger and Robinson in this thread, but I'm still far too skeptical of the former (and his chums) to venture anywhere past cautious optimism at the moment - sorry.

I'm almost certain that Robinson was not the 'wow' manager Tiger was referring to. Hasn't it been publicly reported that he was due to meet with Kleivert?

You might also argue that his hand was forced into giving some of the youngsters a go. Stevens only got a game when Eastwood was suspended, and Spasov was on the bench during a period of the season where there was a large number of injuries (poor summer recruitment?).

I've praised both Tiger and Robinson in this thread, but I'm still far too skeptical of the former (and his chums) to venture anywhere past cautious optimism at the moment - sorry.
Robinson was always the top target

Also, pleased that clearly (imo) there was a plan with Scott Shearer (even if not the playing side particularly) last season with him getting involved in coaching the 16/18yo keepers one day a week.

Also, with Darren Purse taking on an increased role there really does appear to be a development model for coaches within the club.

Back
Top Bottom