• Information about the new forum home page: here.

Transfer News Summer 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Regarding Murphy, I'm sure he'll be looking to protect himself as much as possible but not just financially. I'm sure that there will be options that would give him more freedom to get out of a deal if the situation changed.

Unlikely, but let's say that we have a bad start to the season resulting in Des being sacked. The new manager is a Liam Manning type who refuses to playing Murphy and ostracised him at the club (the same way that Robinson treated Jodi Jones). Murphy will rightly want to give himself a way out rather than sitting out the next 2 1/2 years.

Gorrin and Edwards will be on similar arrangements. Stay at the club, get yourself fit and we'll give you a deal or support you in moving on.

We might be prepared to offer some sort of get out clause for Murphy if Buckingham leaves, but I’d be surprised if any other club would be prepared to offer a similar clause in the contract. But who knows?🤷‍♂️

We might be prepared to offer some sort of get out clause for Murphy if Buckingham leaves, but I’d be surprised if any other club would be prepared to offer a similar clause in the contract. But who knows?🤷‍♂️

In all honesty, I'm not interested in what other clubs offer, and I'm not sure that will be relevant either.

Fair enough mate, all I was reporting on was what I was told. 3 year deal is what I was told. We will find out soon and would prefer he stays
Groundsman initials MS?
Do you know them or just seen the screenshot of message that floated around?

Last edited:
Groundsman initials MB?
Do you know them or just seen the screenshot of message that floated around?
What does this screenshot message say?

Also, if their initials are MB then it isn’t even the head groundsman. How are we meant to take these rumours of Jacob Murphy being shown around the training ground seriously when it’s come from the guy who makes the groundsman tea and puts petrol in the tractor?

Last edited:
[
I haven't listened yet but suspect it's from the Dub, as they are advertising an interview with Vaulks in their latest pod.
Looks like it's from the Dub, yes. Vaulks spoke about how he's shared some messages with players he knew prior to his move, and that Murphy said we are a great club, etc. He then also said that he hoped we could 'nail down' Murphy.

They (not including Vaulks) then spoke about Murphy in more general terms, and said we'd made a very good offer in terms of wages and length of contract, but that because players of Murphy's profile, including availability on a free, are few and far between he may have better offers on the table from promotion challengers willing to take a bet.

I did think it was telling, however, that one of the first things Vaulks said was that you play your best football when you and your family are settled.

Last edited:

Also, if their initials are MB then it isn’t even the head groundsman. How are we meant to take these rumours of Jacob Murphy being shown around the training ground seriously when it’s come from the guy who makes the groundsman tea and puts petrol in the tractor?
I meant MS (who isn't Head Groundsman either if that's the bit you're most worried about)

That he'd seen a couple of players - Daniel Iversen and Josh Murphy having a look round Derby's Moor Farm training ground.

The timing fitted well with Paul Warne saying he'd shown a few players round after contract offers had gone in and was now waiting for responses with a couple of them going on holiday. Murphy was then tagged on Instagram heading abroad.

I don't think it matters what level of groundsman or staff at their training ground they are. It's highly likely that training ground staff see players who are shown the facilities.

In any videos from our own training ground, you can often see various members of staff working in the background.

Last edited:
I've always wondered what the distinction was between a Groundsman and a Head Groundsman.

Turns out a Groundsman just cuts the grass. A Head Groundsman cuts the grass and has eyes in his head that allow him to identify professional footballers.

Fascinating stuff.

Some signing if they are signing Jacob.. maybe that’s why he ripped Bolton to shreds in the final, he must of been impersonating him.

Back
Top Bottom