Summer 2020 Cricket Thread

Lunch 55-1 .... 222 required to win this .... top order need to weigh in with some big run totals to redeem themselves from the catastrophic top- middle order collapse in the first innings

A decent morning from England - good that they got to lunch just the one down. Need to pressure the PAK fielders and run them around the field as they are not the most athletic team.

This feels like a game where Root get at least a 50 and someone else can support him. A big partnership will win this game for England if the rest aren't silly

A decent morning from England - good that they got to lunch just the one down. Need to pressure the PAK fielders and run them around the field as they are not the most athletic team.

This feels like a game where Root get at least a 50 and someone else can support him. A big partnership will win this game for England if the rest aren't silly

would've been at lot more decent for England if those two tail end wickets had 'cost' a lot less than the 32 runs conceded, and Burns hadnt gone as cheaply as his did - that apart, if the remaining batsmen can deliver (especially over the next two sessions) England can win this .... has the makings of a great test match ... just need England's batting order to deliver

Game on I reckon........... enough time to get over the line, keep your heads chaps!

God awful call for the edge........ could have got a bus through the gap! lol

The chase seems to be in a bit of a lull at the moment, we need to be finding a way to rotate the strike and keep the scoreboard ticking.

The chase seems to be in a bit of a lull at the moment, we need to be finding a way to rotate the strike and keep the scoreboard ticking.
no rush ... wear the bowlers down ... there's the rest of today , and tomorrow to play yet .... bat sensibly and this is winnable

Can someone explain this,

I know players aren’t allowed to shine the ball with saliva, but how is Yasir Ali allowed to lick his fingers before bowling? Surely the same “infringement”, no?
54th and 56th overs yesterday, 26th over today.

no rush ... wear the bowlers down ... there's the rest of today , and tomorrow to play yet .... bat sensibly and this is winnable
I'm not so much worried about the time, if you aren't moving forwards it only takes a wicket or 2 to change things. No point being 100-3 in 2 hours time after 50 overs. And that's before you factor in the ball starting to reverse, which can't be too far away.

Sibley gone. Need a classic captain’s innings here.

Sibley gone for 36 .... chase is now 190 .... Stokes joins Root , these two need to bat to the maximum of their capabilities

I think this is the game right here. Root and Stokes put on 80 or so, we are in control. Pakistan get another quick wicket, they will feel they should go on and win. Crucial period up until tea.

Big pressure on these two now especially with England being a batsman light. Not impressed by either Root or Sibley and the way they got out.

Back
Top Bottom