Summer 2020 Cricket Thread

Stokes for me, Broad a close second.
close call I agree - Broady just shades it (for me) demolished Windies in 2nd and 3rd test bowling ... plus his 61 in the first innings of the 3rd test, that basically turned the match in Englands favour

Last edited:
The One Day series with Ireland starts tomorrow, and all are day/nighters. Kind of an interesting squad

England squad: Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) captain, Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Tom Banton (Somerset), Sam Billings (Kent), Tom Curran (Surrey), Liam Dawson (Hampshire), Joe Denly (Kent), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Reece Topley (Surrey), James Vince (Hampshire), David Willey (Yorkshire)

Reserves: Richard Gleeson (Lancashire), Lewis Gregory (Somerset), Liam Livingstone (Lancashire)

Apart from James Vince getting another chance to waft outside the off stump and be caught behind for 20-30 runs.

Its a bit one sided to be fair.......................
Sam Billings started playing in the wrong generation. So much talent that hasn't been able to show but for a brief match or two.

Fair to say that James Vince must have a lot of dodgy photos of the ECB management to keep getting picked.

watched the highlights of the first England v Ireland odi last night

England won comfortably, in the end, made it harder work than it should ve been though I thought

Irish player Comfrey(?) looked half decent with the bat - was it his first cap?

Sam Billings started playing in the wrong generation. So much talent that hasn't been able to show but for a brief match or two.

Fair to say that James Vince must have a lot of dodgy photos of the ECB management to keep getting picked.

To be fair, good knock

watched the highlights of the first England v Ireland odi last night

England won comfortably, in the end, made it harder work than it should ve been though I thought

Irish player Comfrey(?) looked half decent with the bat - was it his first cap?
It was his debut, yeah. He's a Saffer but qualifies through his Irish grandmother. Has never even played a game of cricket in Ireland.

Not that I'm criticising their selection of him given the amount of foreign born/raised players we've found ways to get into the team over the years! And ultimately if it ups the standard of cricket then it's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Just put it on, Ireland 102-6 off 30, going absolutely nowhere. Looking at this stage another comfortable day.

Ireland have exceeded their first ODI score already ... 185-7 with 4 overs left to face

209-8 last over left ... Campher excelled again , got 68 runs

120-3 after 15 overs Bairstow going well with the bat so far

Back
Top Bottom