Summer 2020 Cricket Thread

We've got 6 tests scheduled between 8th July and 24th August - that's 30 days of test cricket in 48 days. The first half of the summer may have been a sporting write-off for understandable reasons, but I for one can't wait to watch what is to come!

We've got 6 tests scheduled between 8th July and 24th August - that's 30 days of test cricket in 48 days. The first half of the summer may have been a sporting write-off for understandable reasons, but I for one can't wait to watch what is to come!
Going to be a fair bit of bowler rotation in there I think, can't see any of Anderson, Wood, or Woakes bring able to handle that kind of workload.

Going to be a fair bit of bowler rotation in there I think, can't see any of Anderson, Wood, or Woakes bring able to handle that kind of workload.

A chance for others to grab a spot or put themselves properly in the picture.

Talk is they want to play Wood and Archer together on Wednesday, so Anderson or Broad will be rested. Going to be an interesting top 4 with Root not playing.

Can't wait to watch it now

EcZ3ReYXkAgQVml

Broad being 'rested' or dropped?
From what TMS were ruminating on earier, bit of both. It sounds like the plan for the next Ashes is to have Archer, Stone and Wood in the bowling attack. Except the last 2 are injury prone and Broad/Anderson's time is running down.

2 home umpires are in place for the first time in years too!

Hope Burns luck continues after that (generous) Umpire Not out call

On and off, on and off. I suspect today will be one of those where you just survive and hope for better weather later on in the test

51-3. Some really good bowling from Gabriel this morning.

Is Joe Denly a modern day Mark Ramprakash? Lots of starts, can't take an innings on.

Is Joe Denly a modern day Mark Ramprakash? Lots of starts, can't take an innings on.

same thought occurred to me

yep, agree, Gabriel is on top form atm

Still surprised we decided to have a bat with the weather as it is.

An upside to Denly is that despite his absence of runs he does face a lot of deliveries. He's there to take the shine of the ball which does allow the middle order to make some runs.

A small point in his defence, mind. He really does have to be making a score soon though.

87-5, going to struggle to get to 200 from here. Even 150 looking a long way off...

First test of the series jinx striking again.

87-5, going to struggle to get to 200 from here. Even 150 looking a long way off...

First test of the series jinx striking again.

Did think, regardless of the pitch, because of the overhead conditions we should have bowled first.

Back
Top Bottom