Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

Its whether the club can manage the expectations of the fans as well as the players they bring in.

Its whether the club can manage the expectations of the fans as well as the players they bring in.
I am.not sure why that would be a problem?
In the January window we have brought in Dickie, Branaghan, McDonald, Roofe in. None big names at the time but the fans had no problems with those?
Most supporters I would imagine want a striker or two who can improve the team and score some goals.

I am.not sure why that would be a problem?
In the January window we have brought in Dickie, Branaghan, McDonald, Roofe in. None big names at the time but the fans had no problems with those?
Most supporters I would imagine want a striker or two who can improve the team and score some goals.
I think the fans are expecting a little above the standard player recruitment, its not every club at this level with billionaires in tow.
IF a higher standard of player comes in, it might be on the promises they were made as well as the financial gains.

I think the fans are expecting a little above the standard player recruitment, its not every club at this level with billionaires in tow.
IF a higher standard of player comes in, it might be on the promises they were made as well as the financial gains.

Which fans are they? Have you surveyed all Oxford fans?

Kr seems something in him. Didn't he get a new contract this summer.
Appleton seemed to rate him too.

Just a feeling now that Norman appears to have got himself back in the reckoning since whatever went on earlier in the season.

Sam turned down a move to Torquay last season but by January with less than 6 months on his contract - it wouldn't surprise me if he/club looked at any interested parties with wider eyes than in previous times.

Well maybe.
I just think that somehow plucking out a couple of Whyte equivalents (Ok far from easy as he must be worth well over £1m now if COD went for £1.6m) would suit the fans and the owners.
If the owners want to splash out then a top striker at this level would be a priority.

Alex Mowatt signed a new contact at Barnsley today. Take him of your OOC list. Seems we never really saw the best of him here. Barnsley fan I know say he’s been pivotal this season.

So, what positions require strengthening?

Obviously up front...LB/RB?

So, what positions require strengthening?

Obviously up front...LB/RB?

Striker - Deffo
LB - Deffo

RB - Disagree. Long, Norman, McMahon & even Hanson showed Tuesday he can do a job there

For me, I think we need another commanding CM. Mous isn’t getting any younger. Perhaps that can wait till summer though.

CB is the other obvious one. No chance Curtis Nelson signs a new deal.

Striker - Deffo
LB - Deffo

RB - Disagree. Long, Norman, McMahon & even Hanson showed Tuesday he can do a job there

For me, I think we need another commanding CM. Mous isn’t getting any younger. Perhaps that can wait till summer though.

CB is the other obvious one. No chance Curtis Nelson signs a new deal.
Yep. I reckon we could be looking for a CB in Jan.
We won't be signing a RB even though we don't have anyone above average to play there.
LB possible although KR is still hoping Garbutt will come good.

Back
Top Bottom