Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

f**k em. And Ian Wright. I’d never heard of them before they developed at a later age so they must never be trusted. Bin off the recruitment team too while we’re at it as well. ;)

That Malcolm Shotton was such a failure when we signed him, what an absolute waste of time.

Exactly this ..they have to get into U23 team first btw
I'm all for being open minded and all that. But if you have been released by Mansfield/have never played pro football at any level but have won a competion run by 442 magazine, then it is really really really unlikely you will cut it at a club that (supposedly) aspires to be one of the better L1 clubs. Good luck etc, but if this is the level we are pitching at, then I reserve the right to be underwhelmed . ..
Who are you expecting us to sign for an under 23's squad? This is about putting together a group of young and hungry players who will be playing regularly with the hope of working their way into the first team. Only a few weeks ago, some were saying that this was all hot air from Tiger and wouldn't happen, now we have a very strong youth set up and players coming in to boost this. And this is in addition to plans for the first team squad, not as a cheap alternative. Players will come in, and judging by everything we've seen in recent weeks, then I think we will see some decent investment.
But then I guess it's easier to moan than look at all the positives?

Exactly, let's see and give them a chance.
I assume that these signings have ben made by Dan Harris/ KR? On that basis then let's back them. These guys will be back up to the first team players and hopefully 3-4 of the U23's will become top first team players.
I'm all for being open minded and all that. But if you have been released by Mansfield/have never played pro football at any level but have won a competion run by 442 magazine, then it is really really really unlikely you will cut it at a club that (supposedly) aspires to be one of the better L1 clubs. Good luck etc, but if this is the level we are pitching at, then I reserve the right to be underwhelmed . ..

Josh ruffels was released by cov having only made 1 sub appearance. Brought into our dev side. A great squad player that cost us nothing. Not really being open minded at all, despite being open to it

Yeah it is, you've said exactly this before. More than once.
When I look at the facts Tiger has and is building on the legacy set up by DE, both on and off the field. DE stated that Tiger would do this. To date, he has. I know as OUFC fan I am emotional and impatient but please judge Tiger at the end of 19/20 season. I am confident, of a serious promotion push. But I respect your opinion.

It doesn’t work out for a lot of players at certain clubs who then go off and play at a higher level than when they were released.
Off the top of my head and relating to Oxford there is Matty Taylor and Sam Ricketts.
Don’t write careers off just because of one set back.

When I look at the facts Tiger has and is building on the legacy set up by DE, both on and off the field. DE stated that Tiger would do this. To date, he has. I know as OUFC fan I am emotional and impatient but please judge Tiger at the end of 19/20 season. I am confident, of a serious promotion push. But I respect your opinion.

Ta.

Not sure that even I know what my opinion is, but thanks for respecting it.

Back
Top Bottom