Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

Keep up Sean, He doesn’t have to accept it, its a one year extension in the clubs favour. We activated so he has an extra year. Exactly as we did with sercombe and others. Totally different to long who was offered a new one year contract.

But Nelson has also I think been offered a long term deal the same as Eastwood, which is up to him to except.

I’m referring to your 2nd paragraph.

Shouldn’t have referred to it as “the contract extension” then. As what ur referring to is his new contract. [emoji6][emoji16]

Well, to be precise, we haven’t heard if Nelson has accepted an extension to his current contractual term which would technically be a new contract.

Last edited:
Not on the one year option to extend, but on the new deal the club have offered e.g. similar to the one Eastwood has just signed.

I expect whether he signs the new contact or not will depend on who we bring in and how well we start the season. He has a year to think about it.

Says on BBC rumours page Rothwell to Blackburn.., The longer we here nothing the more I think he will be off.

If Rothwell goes, that is another gap KR has to fill, and so far the only thing we have heard regarding new players is one potential refused to run. What has happened to al the agents and players that KR was speaking to immediately after t he season ended? It is concerning that the only transfer news is outward.

I think KR must be on holiday.

He was last week, RadOx reported it on one of their early news reports.

I think it was around ten or so days ago so imagine he will be back today if not before the weekend.

No panic.

I suspect KR has known Rothwell would have been off for some time. Don't see why people are stressing about it. If we get some money out of it, great
I think people are stressing more about the lack of signs of incoming players. Who, will IMPROVE the squad on what we have. I'm not stressing yet but some are!!
If Rothwell goes that free's up a wage and I would hope we sign someone who is at least as good.

I think people are stressing more about the lack of signs of incoming players. Who, will IMPROVE the squad on what we have. I'm not stressing yet but some are!!
If Rothwell goes that free's up a wage and I would hope we sign someone who is at least as good.
I'd love to see 10 signings now, but we are dependent on players. Rather than stress over nothing, people need to enjoy the weather and time with friends and family.

If we haven't signed anybody by this time next month, maybe start asking questions.

I suspect KR has known Rothwell would have been off for some time. Don't see why people are stressing about it. If we get some money out of it, great

You mean Darryl getting money out of it!

Last edited:
How do we compare to other clubs in League One?

I see Posh have been very active however, I bet there are a few clubs who hadn’t signed anyone.

Has anyone got a link to all League One transfers to put it in context?

If we haven't signed anybody by this time next month, maybe start asking questions.

I’d like to think we’d have enough players to take to Ireland by then!! I believe KR wanted his team virtually together by then, bar one or two additions.

How do we compare to other clubs in League One?

I see Posh have been very active however, I bet there are a few clubs who hadn’t signed anyone.

Has anyone got a link to all League One transfers to put it in context?

Additional to this is, KR wanted to have business done early on!

Back
Top Bottom