Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

Ian

1 minute into the transfer window, tensions are rising... Nails getting shorter - as is the time left to sign anyone! Every minute counts, and as the minutes pass, even I am worrying more and more ... We need a 20+ goal a season striker, other attackers, and someone to stop the goals going in!

No one announced yet, so I'll be buying my ticket for Bazzer's bus very soon! I don't think I'll sleep until at least one new player is in the building! He'd better be capable of scoring 20 and from somewhere in our own half.

Now I'm not ITK but my brothers girlfriend has a brother, whose dog is looked after by a French lady who swore blind her cousin's nephew was in the same class in primary school as Griezmann and heard he would definitely not be coming here.

Interesting summer ahead, nonetheless.

Now I am really getting worried.. Not least because I should have perhaps entitled this the Official Worrying Thread!

1 minute into the transfer window, tensions are rising... Nails getting shorter - as is the time left to sign anyone! Every minute counts, and as the minutes pass, even I am worrying more and more ... We need a 20+ goal a season striker, other attackers, and someone to stop the goals going in!

No one announced yet, so I'll be buying my ticket for Bazzer's bus very soon! I don't think I'll sleep until at least one new player is in the building! He'd better be capable of scoring 20 and from somewhere in our own half.
and i thought i was up tight. chill winston :)

Now I'm not ITK but my brothers girlfriend has a brother, whose dog is looked after by a French lady who swore blind her cousin's nephew was in the same class in primary school as Griezmann and heard he would definitely not be coming here.

Interesting summer ahead, nonetheless.
s**t, and I’ve just bought the new oxford shirt with his name on the back.

You've been out in the sun too long.

Given the spine strength of the squad at gk, cb, midfield and Henry in the hole (it should not be forgotten how good he was once finally played in his best position) there is a real opportunity to sign quality in the forward positions

In the past - rightly given our size - we’ve had to make do with one marquee signing.

But with so many salaries being freed up we might be able to ‘go big’ on two proven forward players

Sure, we need two full backs but they should not be expensive at this level.

We might even be able to free up a bit more cash if Rothwell goes. A talented player but I won’t be weeping if he goes. A succession of managers have failed to get the best out of him and no one really knows his best position. I suspect it is Henry’s so he may be surplus regardless

Given the spine strength of the squad at gk, cb, midfield and Henry in the hole (it should not be forgotten how good he was once finally played in his best position) there is a real opportunity to sign quality in the forward positions

In the past - rightly given our size - we’ve had to make do with one marquee signing.

But with so many salaries being freed up we might be able to ‘go big’ on two proven forward players

Sure, we need two full backs but they should not be expensive at this level.

We might even be able to free up a bit more cash if Rothwell goes. A talented player but I won’t be weeping if he goes. A succession of managers have failed to get the best out of him and no one really knows his best position. I suspect it is Henry’s so he may be surplus regardless
Marquee? Is that for the Priory when it reopens?

Mentioned a couple of times on the targets thread. Rumoured to have signed Cameron Norman a full back. Quite possibly for the U23s side

The transfer window has been open for about a week already according to the EFL...

Can't see Cameron Norman scoring 20+ goals.

And now as the club descends into greater chaos, we lack a first team coach. The Happy Bus might be commandeered for this role, leaving Dave T at the side of the road.

Back
Top Bottom