Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

We can only have two new loans now as the maximum for a season is eight.

I’d vote to send back Garbutt and Smith and replace them like for like - second try at a left back and striker. Think the club may try to extend Mitchell’s loan in that case as he at least fills a spot properly.

Think we all know that Ranger is coming in to replace Obika and Graham may well sign as an extra wing option to replace Hall. Nelson is off in the summer if not before so possibly a centre half if they can find a decent enough one willing to sign permanently.

This is assuming, of course, that the likes of Browne and Holmes actually stay for the season rather than being recalled, and that was can actually convince Reading and Everton to take their duffers back!

If Ranger is coming in, why hasn't he been signed already as we can and we needed the extra forward when Mackie was suspended?

Everton are very unlikely to take Garbutt back unless they have another club lined up. He won’t even get a game for their under 21 team and we are paying more then a generous part of his crazy wages..

Robbo in the oxford mail today. And previously.

Fair enough with the Bradford players but he doesn't say anything about "being blown out of the water". Eoin Doyle, for instance, I remember reading he wanted to stay up north as he is settled there and signing for Bradford meant he didn't have to move.

Fair enough with the Bradford players but he doesn't say anything about "being blown out of the water". Eoin Doyle, for instance, I remember reading he wanted to stay up north as he is settled there and signing for Bradford meant he didn't have to move.

I said blew us out, not blew us out of the water. Various reasons of course.

Robinson in the OM today:

"We tried to sign all three of their front players in (David) Ball, (Eoin) Doyle and Payne."

If Ranger is coming in, why hasn't he been signed already as we can and we needed the extra forward when Mackie was suspended?
Because Robinson has realised how much many of the fan base really don’t want a man with his morals and past behaviour at our club?

Because Robinson has realised how much many of the fan base really don’t want a man with his morals and past behaviour at our club?

If he has realised that then why would he now sign him as it isn't so urgent (Mackie is back after all) and January is getting closer all the time for a new striker?

I very much hope that our general upturn in form, the increased fitness of Browne and Mackie, Bradbury's emergence and the return of Whyte have all contributed to us deciding that we don't want or need him with the January window fast approaching.

I don’t think he is match fit yet also he still has a long way to prove he deserves a contract ( until the end of the season with plenty of warnings in it )

I’ve heard Nelson is off to Sunderland, literally from some bloke in a pub in Dubai a few weeks back.

Bizarrely, I’ve heard that Sunderland are off to Dubai, from a bloke in a pub in Nelson.
If true that the guy in a pub in Dubai that Nelson is of to scumderland I hope that the guy in the pub in Dubai was Charlie and was told how much it would cost making Charlie’s next jaunt Butlins in Bognor.

Maybe a possibility? A younger fitter version of Mackie and scores goals. Admittedly he’s never done it at league 1 level but we need to be realistic with what our targets will be.

I particularly like this quote: "If you can hurry and put defenders under pressure then the other 10 players behind you have no excuse not to do it either."

James Norwood: Tranmere striker calls himself a 'poor man's Dirk Kuyt'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45021496

Probably good for our front players to be training alongside and learning things from.
I dread to think what the likes of Spasov and Lopes are learning from Ranger! That comment is partly in jest but there is a serious issue as to what affect someone like Ranger is having ‘behind the scenes’.

Feel free to ‘whoosh’ me btw..

I dread to think what the likes of Spasov and Lopes are learning from Ranger! That comment is partly in jest but there is a serious issue as to what affect someone like Ranger is having ‘behind the scenes’.

"Need a new door on your flat boys? Simply smash the f*ck out of it and then claim someone was trying to kidnap your girlfriend..."

He'd be out on his ear at the first sign of any bad behaviour. I know you can't keep tabs on him 24/7, but with the likes of Robinson, Derry, Mousinho, Holmes, Nelson, and Henry in the dressing room, that's plenty of no-nonsense elders to keep the young guys in check.

Back
Top Bottom