Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

Would hope Kr keeps away from loans, much prefer to build a side that can progress together rather than have it broken up with recalls etc but that's just my opinion.

It has become clear that many of the lower clubs have to use loan players. I just think that the loan should be season long and up to the club borrowing the player whether he is returned. What happened with Payne and Blackburn is just wrong half way through. I know they "own" the player, but we have seen it before with Baldock and may be better to say can only play for one loan club per year, or cannot be returned if playing regularly.. Just my tuppence

It has become clear that many of the lower clubs have to use loan players. I just think that the loan should be season long and up to the club borrowing the player whether he is returned. What happened with Payne and Blackburn is just wrong half way through. I know they "own" the player, but we have seen it before with Baldock and may be better to say can only play for one loan club per year, or cannot be returned if playing regularly.. Just my tuppence

sensible and decent approach @FalmouthOx .... sadly unlikely to be acceptable to most if not all clubs loaning their assets out

Also, there have been a few occasions during recent seasons where we have needed to recall some of our assets back from loan due to injuries and illness at OUFC

I think we may sign him not loan him, if he wants out we can stump up 250k if that’s what they want ( they want shot ) just depends on personal terms

I guess it depends on which club is paying the wages as to which club can dictate terms.

I agree. Loaning in a 'lynchpin' player leaves you a hostage to fortune unless you have a loan period firmly agreed. They play well and can be recalled, leaving you with a bloody great hole in the team. If the loaning club isn't prepared to go for a season loan with a 'mutually agreed' recall clause, then I'd look elsewhere. I think stability and consistency are a great thing in a team game. Not quite the same if you are looking at loaning in youngsters who may or may not shine, but if your 'top transfer target' is a loanee, you'd better make sure you've got him all season.

I agree. Loaning in a 'lynchpin' player leaves you a hostage to fortune unless you have a loan period firmly agreed. They play well and can be recalled, leaving you with a bloody great hole in the team. If the loaning club isn't prepared to go for a season loan with a 'mutually agreed' recall clause, then I'd look elsewhere. I think stability and consistency are a great thing in a team game. Not quite the same if you are looking at loaning in youngsters who may or may not shine, but if your 'top transfer target' is a loanee, you'd better make sure you've got him all season.
Agree with that ^ @ZeroTheHero

Yes; unfortunately our only decent player early in the season was a loan.

If they score loads they get recalled so hardly a win/win. If loanees are recalled consistently and cause disruption, its not something you can include in forward planning. Need to be in charge of own destiny

You'd think KR would know that you can't rely too much on loan players. Some scouse eejit might decide to snatch them back off you. Saying that, if we announced the double loan signings of Samir Carruthers and Georgeous George, I'd be ecstatic.

It does work both ways though, imagine if we had both Man City boys on a season long loan with a clause saying they had to play if fit, ???

It does work both ways though, imagine if we had both Man City boys on a season long loan with a clause saying they had to play if fit, ???
Well, I don't think we should ever take loanees on that basis - but if we had we would be in L2 now.

A lot of our targets are probably lying in the sun on some tropical island. Patience, it will happen.

Patience? I'm worried I don't have enough patience, never mind Bazzer! :-D

Perhaps from June 1 we'll see more happening, with contracts expiring?

Back
Top Bottom