Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

Think Karl wanted this to be his first signing since mentioning his interest publicly. Good statement of intent, promotion winning midfielder. Hopefully that stops a few moaning for the time being ;)

Think Karl wanted this to be his first signing since mentioning his interest publicly. Good statement of intent, promotion winning midfielder. Hopefully that stops a few moaning for the time being ;)

No chance. Someone will be along to point out we want permanent players not loans any sec [emoji16]

No chance. Someone will be along to point out we want permanent players not loans any sec [emoji16]

I mean, it's definitely a good signing, but surely it would have been better to bring him in on a permanent basis, especially as Sheffield were actively looking to sell?

I mean, it's definitely a good signing, but surely it would have been better to bring him in on a permanent basis, especially as Sheffield were actively looking to sell?

Two possibles.

1/ they may want way to much for him at this point. But it will come down as his contract does.

2/ his wages are way above what we can afford at this level.

Kr said loans would have to be better than what we have in that position, and be player we otherwise couldn’t afford. This would tick both those boxes for me

I believe he's on quite a high wage (compared to our wages) at Sheff United. We probably tried to bring him in permanently, but spending a huge chunk from our wage and transfer budget for someone you can loan all season wouldn't have been wise, especially when we're looking at 8 other new players.

Good signing. Welcome to the mighty Yellows Samir.

Happy to have a first team signing through the door!

This isn't a moan as such, but can we learn the lesson from last year, and start work early on signing his replacement for the January transfer window, just in case?

Back
Top Bottom