Striker options for the Toon?

McVicar

Assuming Taylor is not fit?

Can't believe we will play Mackie but what other options are there - Agyei? Browne?

TBH I'd be tempted to go with the 'false number 9' and swamp the midfield and attack as best we can - just a shame that players such as Henry and Brannagan, whilst they may be available, will obviously not be match fit.

Agyei to start, Mackie on for the last 20. Think it`s about the only "striker" option we have.
However, as we score from all over the place, it won`t matter much............... ? ?

Would make more sense to start with Agyei in front of Mackie, regardless of who we’re playing at the moment. He offered a lot more at Gillingham and showed signs that he maybe coming into form - which a lot of our players are currently lacking.

Personally I'd be starting Agyei up top 100%. Young lad desperate to show what he can do and what better situation than an FA Cup tie away at a big team with a fantastic ground and the biggest crowd he'll have ever played in front of. Nothing to lose.

I like Mackie and think, like Man City, he can make things happen against PL defenders who are used to having time on the ball. But let's be fair, PL teams at home in the FA cup will have VAR in operation! Mackie will probably get his first booking in the warm up and be off after the handshakes!!!

I'd go with the normal back 4, Bran, Bap and Gorrin in the middle, then Browne, Ageyi and Holland up top. Kill them with pace, especially with having Gorrin, Dickie and Mous all able to play cultured passes from deep rather than relying on the old hoof!

Toon 0 United 3!!!

I'd play Agyei, or Browne or even Fosu centrally, rather than Mackie. He offers zero goal threat at the moment, and seems more 'focused' on opposition defenders rather than the ball. Earlier in the season, he was a much more balanced player (although still not a striker in the accepted use of the word) - I wonder if he has bought into the 'sh!thousery' nonsense too much?

Give Agyei a go. I make it that he’s only started one game and that was in the B team trophy. Apart from that he’s been restricted to 10-15 minute cameos here and there. People forget that he had loans in League One previously and scored a few goals.
agree with that ^^

Also Agyei is quite a tall lad. If we have Holland putting crosses in, we want someone who can potentially get on the end of them.

(Edit - having looked it up, he is actually only an inch taller than Mackie. I still think Agyei might be the better option though, on the basis that Mackie is more of a 'jumper into' rather than a 'jumper upwards'!)

I like Mackie and think, like Man City, he can make things happen against PL defenders who are used to having time on the ball. But let's be fair, PL teams at home in the FA cup will have VAR in operation! Mackie will probably get his first booking in the warm up and be off after the handshakes!!!

I'd go with the normal back 4, Bran, Bap and Gorrin in the middle, then Browne, Ageyi and Holland up top. Kill them with pace, especially with having Gorrin, Dickie and Mous all able to play cultured passes from deep rather than relying on the old hoof!

Toon 0 United 3!!!
Cam can’t/won’t play.

No doubt mackie the love child will start,hes so prolific ??........cue the bites

Knee is giving him problems again.. going to take a little time to sort.
I’d guess they’ll rest him for the cup game and try and get him back for Blackpool? I wonder if pain killing injections are considered - though these tend to be very short-term ‘solutions’.

Back
Top Bottom