Striker options for the Toon?

It seems there is an underlining problem re Brannagan with is knee. Might see him play a couple then miss a couple, keep the injections going until the end of the season.

Which could explain why no bids have come in for him too. There is no doubt he’s a Championship player, but with his on going knee issue I can see why no club is interested at this stage.

I can see him going for a small surgery process at the end of the season, and see him being ready for August in which ever league we are in.

Just a feeling, and certainly not in the know on this!!

Injections at the age of 23? Feck that , unless he wants to end up like Davey L. :(
Take the time out, get fit and maybe consider surgery if needed.
Injections only mask the pain which is your body telling you something is "breaking".

I'm no expert, but if scans are clear and there is no damage, yet he is still in pain, then something is wrong. Regardless of how keen he is to play, or how important he is, it really does need to be sorted. In the age of technology and the expert medical care available, I'm surprised he would want (or be advised) to have pain-killing injections.

I can see what people are saying, but l think KR will start with Mackie , just to show them they have a game on , his little bit of banter and barter and experience may get to them a little bit , not sure ? just a thought...

• React
Reactions: Ian
These are PL defenders, they won’t fall for Makie’s theatrics. I’d unleash Agyei, they won’t know much about him (neither do we to be fair) but he has more of a game to unsettle a top flight defence.

Mackie will be food and drink to Lascelles & Co.

I'm no expert, but if scans are clear and there is no damage, yet he is still in pain, then something is wrong. Regardless of how keen he is to play, or how important he is, it really does need to be sorted. In the age of technology and the expert medical care available, I'm surprised he would want (or be advised) to have pain-killing injections.
KR said on radio ox Saturday we'll have to see how the injection he had yesterday works out or similar. So it seems he's already tried one. I'm in the no injections camp pain usbody saying it's not right yet for me.

There are a few reasons why pain can occur. Damage/inflammation of the joint is not the only one. From what has been reported, I would hazard a guess that there was a little bit of nerve damage when he injured his knee and that is taking longer to heal than the surrounding structural tissue.

The pain-killers used are much improved since the cortisone injections of the 80s (which Dave Langhan received) where they numbed an entire region to any pain at all so any damage goes undetected by the recipient and makes the problem worse long term.

If the pain is bothering him , I would leave him out as we need players who going to be able play unrestricted and this game is not our priority .

Give Agyei a go. I make it that he’s only started one game and that was in the B team trophy. Apart from that he’s been restricted to 10-15 minute cameos here and there. People forget that he had loans in League One previously and scored a few goals.
Didn't he start against Man City too? With that in mind, I can see KR starting him on the weekend. It seemed he threw him in the deep end there as a learning experience, so he could well do the same again in what is essentially a gimme game against Prem opposition.

I can see what people are saying, but l think KR will start with Mackie , just to show them they have a game on , his little bit of banter and barter and experience may get to them a little bit , not sure ? just a thought...

Surely not, with possibly the new striker KR said he wants, Taylor and Agyie available. He runs around like a headless chicken on steroids, and offers little what a striker should offer. It would be a crazy selection, especially with VAR, he'll get sent off before a ball is kicked

Agyei. Throw him in and give him the “You wanted a chance, so let’s see if you can take it in front of 40,000 people in the FA Cup” talk.

Of course, it’ll almost certainly be Mackie.

i think you may be pleasantly surprised ....just got a funny feeling he’ll play and have a worldie.

The Geordies love a rash purchase so they’ll them snap him up for 2m

Surely not, with possibly the new striker KR said he wants, Taylor and Agyie available. He runs around like a headless chicken on steroids, and offers little what a striker should offer. It would be a crazy selection, especially with VAR, he'll get sent off before a ball is kicked
After reading the Telegraph article from the Man City game (if have you not seen it , do so) Mackie is a very important part of the team and gets things moving off the pitch ....
Taylor is fit , and ready to go then okay, but may be to much for Agyei from the start...?
?

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom