Striker from Holland?

wasn't the last Dutch player we had at OUFC Brian Wilsterman?

Steve McClaren with his comedy Dutch accent, 'how you say', exempt of course!

The newspaper article sounds so Mickey Mouse. It sounds like KR has heard of some strikers from a far (Scotland and wider Europe) and Tiger has given KR some petrol money and a tent and said of you go then.

Give Robinson a chance, he hasnt got there yet! He’s pulled up in a lay-by for a P**s and a sarnie..

….And of course thereby missing the game. Give him his due though, he got to the stadium for his usual post match rant. He blamed the ref for the delay of the Ferry getting him there, he was down to he bare bones on petrol and the car wasn't his, he hadn't signed for it.

Two of the players mentioned teams are playing each other tonight. Roda JC (Mark Engels) v AZ (Ferdy Druik). I guess KR will be at that match, twee vogels met een steen.
Temperature here is climbing very slowly, just above freezing now and will rise all night so the match should be on.

Please tell me that’s an actual Dutch phrase!

Please tell me that’s an actual Dutch phrase!

It's English too...two birds with one stone.
Not only Dutch..."zwei Vögel mit einem Stein".
Although be careful in the pronunciation..."zwei vögeln mit einem Stein" has a *slightly* different meaning!

It's English too...two birds with one stone.
Not only Dutch..."zwei Vögel mit einem Stein".
Although be careful in the pronunciation..."zwei vögeln mit einem Stein" has a *slightly* different meaning!

I know what it means - just curious as to whether it’s an actual Dutch phrase!

Also - please elaborate?

I know what it means - just curious as to whether it’s an actual Dutch phrase!

Also - please elaborate?

zwei Vögel mit einem Stein - two birds with one stone
zwei vögeln mit einem Stein - f*ck two people with one stone

Edited to add: More frequently Germans use "zwei Fliegen mit einer Klappe" (two flies with one blow, from The Brave Little Tailor by Grimm)

Back
Top Bottom