Stokes decision.

Manorman

So after many weeks of deliberation the CPS has finally decided to charge Ben Stokes with affray along with two others. No idea why it has taken so long but no date has been set for the trial. If found guilty and depending on the level of violence used it may result in a custodial sentence. In this case there has to be serious doubts about his international career and the ECB will be put in a very difficult position.

No chance will he get a custodial.

Take a look at the court round up pages in local papers to see what people stay out of prison for these days, female Uni student stabbing her partner is the one that springs immediately to mind.

I have heard talk of the reasoning for the scrap, be very interesting if this comes out in court.

It was started with some pretty nasty homophobic abuse didn't it?

No chance of a custodial sentence.
Now if he had committed the offence outside a football ground and not a nightclub ?
I think he would be looking at life !

Considering how many muck ups the CPS have made in the past few years, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happened once it go to court. Between Starmer and Saunders, it's not been good.

So after many weeks of deliberation the CPS has finally decided to charge Ben Stokes with affray along with two others. No idea why it has taken so long but no date has been set for the trial. If found guilty and depending on the level of violence used it may result in a custodial sentence. In this case there has to be serious doubts about his international career and the ECB will be put in a very difficult position.
The CPS is massively stretched. It has had huge budget cuts. If this is how long a case like this, in the public eye takes, just imagine how long others take.

Back
Top Bottom