Championship Stoke supreme(o) sacked

Sarge

God like member
Nathan Jones sacked ..... ( maybe a job at the potteries for Ainsworth with new American Wycombe owners incoming- and probably wanting to install their own man?)

Nathan Jones sacked ..... ( maybe a job at the potteries for Ainsworth with new American Wycombe owners incoming- and probably wanting to install their own man?)

I'd be very surprised if the new owners are looking to replace Ainsworth unless he is snapped up by another club. It would guarantee the Wycombe supporters being hostile towards them from the off I reckon if they pushed him out.

While approaching O'Neill is not a surprise, the last paragraph of this piece is weird.

Edit: This has since been updated. "However, they have a number of well-known players such as internationals Jack Butland, Joe Allen and James McClean.". As if being "well-known" is a positive attribute.

Last edited:
Stoke supporting acquaintance of mine says O' Neill is taking training at Stoke today, assisted by player James MCClean, despite, as yet there not being an official announcement

from said acquaintances' social media ...

New manager taking training today....and he hasn't signed yet!! Lol
Good old Stoke,a**e about face as usual!! That said, let's give the guy all the support he needs.
Erm? James McClean and Michael O'Neill....they may need to build that border sooner than later!
GOOO...ON STOKE!!

Last edited:
Will be tough as Stoke are such a big mess to get right. A brave man
Yes very tough.
But the Crowleys have turned things round at Huddersfield from a similarly perilous position. Stoke have the players so must have a chance.

Yes very tough.
But the Crowleys have turned things round at Huddersfield from a similarly perilous position. Stoke have the players so must have a chance.
It's a big leap from O'Neill though - the Cowleys have been in the day to day for a few years, not so much for O'Neill. Stoke is a bit of a mess as a club, but he has the time to turn it around.

Remember when Coleman left Wales after the Euro 2016 semifinal to take over Sunderland in a similar position?

From a renowned coach to unemployed after his latest stint in China.

Back
Top Bottom