Stocks and shares investing

Well. . . . . . after 29 days they close the Crowdcube funding and then look to see how much they have made, I think. That investment is then turned into "ordinary" shares and distributed to all those who have paid in. The individual share price has been calculated at £3.47 (roughly) per share. As it stands they should oversubscribe by a ridiculous amount. However, that is covered by the payments to the original investors who will have A1 and A2 preferred shares. As ordinary investors we have to hope that the total is more than £64.5 million. That gets us lesser types a payout as well! Or, they launch an IPO (initial public offering) and we hold tight and hope for an upward move in share price and wait for permission to sell. (Beyond Meat was a staggering success for those who got in early)

^^^ this. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Double bubble all the way................or more!

*or not.............. thats the risk kids.

W3W is closing early having raised just shy of £4 million across 5,000 investors. https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/what3words/pitches/bwGdjb/updates/bLzOOl
That makes its "value" £151 million. Some of the restricted documents copied below...

We’ve received some questions on how this funding on Crowdcube fits in with our current and past fundraising rounds, so we’ll set out here the history and context of our institutionally-led investment rounds starting with our Series A. Prior to that we had raised £1.8mln from angel investors, friends, family, etc. (Numbers are rounded, and the share price for each round is adjusted to account for the share split we did in December 2018).
1. Series A round, August-November 2015, led by Intel Capital at a pre-money valuation of £9.5m. The total amount raised was £2.3m. Other investors in the round included some of the original angel and seed investors, and Horizons Ventures. The shares issued in this round were A1 shares and Ordinary shares, and the share price for all investments in this round was £0.55.
2. Series B round, June 2016-November 2017, led by Aramex at a pre-money valuation of £50m. Total amount raised was £16.8m. Other investors in the round include Intel Capital, Deutsche Bahn, Force Over Mass Capital, Wildcat Technology Partners, Allen & Co., Dhow Capital. The shares issued in this round were A2 shares and Ordinary shares, and the share price for all investments in this round was £2.33. Shortly after concluding the commercial deal with Mercedes in late 2017, they wanted to invest, and even though we had only just closed the Series B round, we took the opportunity to start the Series C round much earlier than planned:
3. Series C round, December 2017-present, led by Mercedes at a pre-money valuation of £105m. The total amount raised to date is £42m (including £0.5m committed but not yet issued). Other investors in the round include Intel Capital, Sony Innovation Fund, Subaru, Channel 4 Ventures, Happiness Capital, SAIC Motor Corp, Alpine Electronics.
The shares issued in this round to date have been C1 shares, and the share price for all investments made in this round has been £3.47. We increased our share options pool in July 2020, so £105m + £42m from the Series C round + the share options amount gives the £150.8m pre-money valuation (on a fully diluted basis) shown on the Crowdcube pitch page for this part of the round.

W3W is closing early having raised just shy of £4 million across 5,000 investors. https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/what3words/pitches/bwGdjb/updates/bLzOOl
That makes its "value" £151 million. Some of the restricted documents copied below...

We’ve received some questions on how this funding on Crowdcube fits in with our current and past fundraising rounds, so we’ll set out here the history and context of our institutionally-led investment rounds starting with our Series A. Prior to that we had raised £1.8mln from angel investors, friends, family, etc. (Numbers are rounded, and the share price for each round is adjusted to account for the share split we did in December 2018).
1. Series A round, August-November 2015, led by Intel Capital at a pre-money valuation of £9.5m. The total amount raised was £2.3m. Other investors in the round included some of the original angel and seed investors, and Horizons Ventures. The shares issued in this round were A1 shares and Ordinary shares, and the share price for all investments in this round was £0.55.
2. Series B round, June 2016-November 2017, led by Aramex at a pre-money valuation of £50m. Total amount raised was £16.8m. Other investors in the round include Intel Capital, Deutsche Bahn, Force Over Mass Capital, Wildcat Technology Partners, Allen & Co., Dhow Capital. The shares issued in this round were A2 shares and Ordinary shares, and the share price for all investments in this round was £2.33. Shortly after concluding the commercial deal with Mercedes in late 2017, they wanted to invest, and even though we had only just closed the Series B round, we took the opportunity to start the Series C round much earlier than planned:
3. Series C round, December 2017-present, led by Mercedes at a pre-money valuation of £105m. The total amount raised to date is £42m (including £0.5m committed but not yet issued). Other investors in the round include Intel Capital, Sony Innovation Fund, Subaru, Channel 4 Ventures, Happiness Capital, SAIC Motor Corp, Alpine Electronics.
The shares issued in this round to date have been C1 shares, and the share price for all investments made in this round has been £3.47. We increased our share options pool in July 2020, so £105m + £42m from the Series C round + the share options amount gives the £150.8m pre-money valuation (on a fully diluted basis) shown on the Crowdcube pitch page for this part of the round.
And that shows, I believe, that the early investors have increased the "value" of their shares from 55p to £3.47 since 2015. Not bad but not earth shattering, however, should W3W come to market, then we may see a return in far less time. Fingers crossed.

Other news:
Those nice people at Freetrade suffered a technical issue yesterday that blocked all US deals going through for a while. So bad was it that they posted the announcement that the US market was closed - at 4pm local time 11am US time!! I was trying to put through a sell at that moment. Having seen the sell fail I tried again, same result. They posted a message to inform of the technical issue - all will be well later.
I gave up and decided to wait for today but, later that evening, Freetrade decided to be helpful and process my sell order and sold my entire holding in one stock! At a loss! I wanted to sell one share not 5. They are terribly sorry but that's what happens to pending sales - they informed me this morning.

Free share anybody? . . . . hellooooo . . . . .

W3W closed at £7.2 million across 10,452 investors.

Anyone going to reveal how much they risked?
Well. . . . . shall we say if it goes pear shaped then I won't be too upset but, if it shows profit, I'll be happy!

On another note and it maybe too late, Circassia, another Oxford based genetics company, doing very well with a projected price of 60p a share. Currently 27p - up 2p a share since yesterday.

Me too.

This Crowdcube thing is a bit new to me... should probably read the small print! lol

Applied Graphene Materials flying.45 + 8...company responsible for repairing potholes in Oxfordshire roads

Back
Top Bottom