Stocks and shares investing

Applied Graphene Materials up to 70 now more than doubled in a year

Going to be a strong market I think.

Dilly dallied on getting in on Tirupati at 50 pence just after it listed a few weeks back. Now at around 85 pence but meant to be a strong prospect for the future.

I am still on the sidelines waiting to either get my head around this initial rise and still go in or maybe hoping for a small retrace.

They’ve not been going too long.
I mentioned AGM a while ago as I’ve been monitoring for a while.
Im sure this area will continue to do well.
I‘ve just tried to research on MorningStar and it looks like it is a pay website now

I‘ve just tried to research on MorningStar and it looks like it is a pay website now
Re: MorningStar they mentioned a paywall late last year. What did you use it for?

Where do you see the price going? Tempted but, it looks as though it may have peaked already.

I think it will shoot up beyond £1.00...I’m not invested but when I mentioned it to a friend yesterday who had a spare £18000 from a takeover he immediately put a substantial amount in.
I feel a bit sick as it has gone up 5p today to 77p

I think it will shoot up beyond £1.00...I’m not invested but when I mentioned it to a friend yesterday who had a spare £18000 from a takeover he immediately put a substantial amount in.
I feel a bit sick as it has gone up 5p today to 77p
Hovering around that price at the moment, tempted but, might have missed the boat with that one! Been a rough day as well with several fallers. Still in profit but feeling nervous. :whistle:

So long as you are in profit, that’s the name of the game.
I‘ve sold out too early sometimes but that’s with the benefit of hindsight.
BP is showing a loss although has started a steady rise with the occasional profit taking.
IAG was up today but I’m looking with twelve month view in mind.
Although I have two paper losses, I haven’t sold any shares at a loss over the last twelve months.
I have decided not to invest in Lloyds or BT this year but will invest in Taylor Wimpey on weakness

Went back into GSK earlier, pleased with results so far, up in price by 10p. If it can recover to the price in May, will be very pleased!

I'm going to look again at AGM in the morning, see where it opens. Fortunately the cash is there if required.

Went back into GSK earlier, pleased with results so far, up in price by 10p. If it can recover to the price in May, will be very pleased!

I'm going to look again at AGM in the morning, see where it opens. Fortunately the cash is there if required.
Might have to leave it till Monday😀😀
I’m still in Byotrol. have 20000....results due in March, so hopefully will give me a decent profit.

So long as you are in profit, that’s the name of the game.
I‘ve sold out too early sometimes but that’s with the benefit of hindsight.
BP is showing a loss although has started a steady rise with the occasional profit taking.
IAG was up today but I’m looking with twelve month view in mind.
Although I have two paper losses, I haven’t sold any shares at a loss over the last twelve months.
I have decided not to invest in Lloyds or BT this year but will invest in Taylor Wimpey on weakness

At what point do you see TW as a good entry PD?

I fancy getting in on this (never had them before) but still undecided as to when.

Re : BP, this has been going really well since the £2 region in Sept/Oct time. Not sure what you said your price was but I would hope this is back to £3.75 -£4 region over the coming 12 months.

I am also back in on Lloyds/NatWest. Looking much longer term on these though as the next 12 months or so will probably start to see a lot of pressure on CBILs and BBLs defaults etc. But will top up on dips.

Is this why you are avoiding Lloyds?

Unfortunately I sold out of TW at 155. I’ve been in and out three times and made a profit or so of around £200 each time on investments of around £1200. If you are able to get in 140p I am sure they will represent good value. It’s very good value and a top 100 company. I’m hoping to sell IAG if they make 200p...that’ll be a profit of around £300.
If I can I’ll reinvest in TW again as next year should give some dividends too.
I am sure Lloyds will do well, but they are very slow movers. They are reducing their outlets and I keep seeing their adverts regularly. The challenge they have is the online banking sector seem to be taking their business away. Personally I’m looking to move my accounts away because of their expensive charges. I’m only holding back because I plan to wind down my business later this year.
BP I bought in 1000 at 378. I’d have liked to see a profit so far, but they pay dividends and I’m sure they’ll come good later this year.

AGM having a bumpy ride today. Down 8p at one point although come back a bit now

AGM having a bumpy ride today. Down 8p at one point although come back a bit now
Glad I held off in the end. Took a punt on Astrazeneca again and that's doing ok. Read that Boohoo might have a revival in them, and The Hut Group still going strong despite some big hitters having sold a lot of shares.

I rate the HUT group. I’m like OUFC now, I have to sell before I can buy. Even free shares won’t do it.
I usually reserve around 20% for speculative shares, hence my holding in Byotrol. Results due in March so hopefully have some spending money then or earlier if market recovers

This may pan out - Ascent Resources. UK company involved in oil etc exploration in UK and Slovenia. Got shafted a while back and are slowly recovering. Went from £2.80 odd down to 20p a share (!) with all sorts of goings on, that I can discover. Now on the road to higher price with expectations of rising above £2 again. Currently flirting with £1 a share. Those willing to take a gamble on a few quid?

I’ve asked someone who claims to know a bit about them.
There is much expectation
His comments were
Avoid at all costs.. it’s been going on a long time.They lied to locals about fracking dangers etc...they are as dodgy as hell

I’ve asked someone who claims to know a bit about them.
There is much expectation
His comments were
Avoid at all costs.. it’s been going on a long time.They lied to locals about fracking dangers etc...they are as dodgy as hell
Worth knowing, I may have to revise my plans! ;)

It does look high risk. I’d hate you to get your stock suspended. I’ve had a few go in the past. Vosper and Budge spring to mind. I got out of Northern Rock just before I stood to lose £3000.
They say you learn by experience, but if see a problem I like not to be part of it

Back
Top Bottom