Stocks and shares investing

Might be a chance with Astrazeneca come Monday morning. They've signed deals with Italy, Germany, France and the Netherlands to supply their vaccine. Should push Oxford Bio as well as they are contracted to manufacture.

Astra, in particular have taken a beating of late, might be time for recovery.

Might be a chance with Astrazeneca come Monday morning. They've signed deals with Italy, Germany, France and the Netherlands to supply their vaccine. Should push Oxford Bio as well as they are contracted to manufacture.

Astra, in particular have taken a beating of late, might be time for recovery.
Was that as good as you thought for AstraZenica?

Was that as good as you thought for AstraZenica?
Honest answer, no but, there was a moment when I wished I'd had enough spare to buy again when the price was low! Oxbio gave me a headache all day but ended up so still showing profit.
My Father's estate has some Reckitt Benckiser shares that are doing very well again. If the HMRC ever get around to issuing their paperwork my brothers and I will have done well. I might have to pick up some of my own as the price is getting better. They have done well from Dettol and Cillit Bang!
Shame about BP but will have to hang on for now.

You’re right ML shame about BP. I only last week bought 1000 at 374p so currently sitting on a paper loss of around £600.
i think they’ve now got all their bad news out of the way and even though they wrote off £15billion today it is small change to a Company of their size. The right thing to do is to just wait. I’m the meantime I bought another 1000 City of London IT

Proof, if it was needed, of how we smaller investors can lose out. Ox-Bio share price fell like a stone over the last few days giving me some mild panic attacks! Turns out there was, not unlike Beyond Meat, a share issue. Priced at £8.00 which was good. The new chairman bought a lot (some say a £million) whilst others increased their holding. Apparently, and I have no real proof of this, several financial institutions were a bit miffed and sold massively causing the price to drop. I went from about £70.00 up to just £1.20. Thankfully, price has risen again this morning and, fingers crossed, will keep going up!

Something else learnt recently, looking at the performance of two pensions I hold, I noticed that one used Black Rock investment and had outperformed the other fund by about 5% over the last year. Clever lot at Black Rock.

Black Rock served me well with my pension. I had Aviva Commercial Property and was concerned a few years back after a couple of CP funds were suspended. My adviser moved funds to BR. Twenty minutes after Sky News announced they had suspended ACP. Luckily my fund was transferred in good time, and BR served me well. BlackRock Consensus S2

Somebody was shorting OxBio for a couple of days and sent the price tumbling. Thought the worst to start, then read a couple of posts by OxBio shareholders and realised. Good thing, sold off some BP (still got the dividend) and bought some more OxBio - today, price climbing again. Happy weekend. AND FOOTY!

I’ve bought BP at 374...guess I’ll hang on for the ride now.
For anyone interested I’ve bought into Kingswood at 19 and they’ve crept up over the last few days. interesting website is LSE...it shows the purchases and sales throughout the day

I have sold Carnival (US) for a nice profit, earnings report is out pre-market and is not going to be good.

Have used that money on Pets at Home for a short term trade.

Also do some "digging" on Eurasia Mining, talks of being sold. Currently 16p a share (i brought at 7p), valued at £8. Talks of £4 a share! But Freetrade support just told someone they won’t be allowing first time buyers to purchase the stock unfortunately.

The stamp duty holiday is a huge saving for the Loungers on new house but the markets seem less impressed with the rest of the measures taken by the chancellor. Have to hope they come to their senses and realise that an increase in the "feel good" factor amongst normal folk might improve spending and save a few jobs.
Mean time my profit on OxBio has shrunk to a pittance and BP are looking pretty awful. Bonus points from Reckitt & Benckiser though!

Centamin looking good............ everything else a bit "meh" still more up than down just some of the downs appear to be defying gravity! lol

BP has been awful. I’m sure though a lot of the pension funds will see it as a way of investing at lower prices and improving their profiles.
the worry at the moment has to be the possible second wave of the virus

BP has been awful. I’m sure though a lot of the pension funds will see it as a way of investing at lower prices and improving their profiles.
the worry at the moment has to be the possible second wave of the virus
Just glad I dumped a few shares a week ago, still got my money back. (and got the dividend)

One I currently like is Kingswood Holdings. Bought in at 19 and are currently 21. Very little info on it around, but it is an accountancy company and financial advisor. Not current in profit but has taken over two companies and has 95 staff.
I’d imagine there will be a number of interested people wanting to use their services when the redundancies start to hit after furlough finishes

Back
Top Bottom