Stocks and shares investing

Yes. If you are shorting, swing/spread, active there has been some serious money made in the US.

But investing I am not so sure, I feel we are only starting to head into the recession, so you will need to pick your names very carefully.
I accept what you say, the market is normally ahead of news and is already accepting a recession is due.
Picking the right sector is key. Halfords will do well because of more bikes being sold along with car enthusiasts finding something to do and spending in there.
Of the number of deaths fall away again today in the U.K. that would be good news for economy as we seek to get back to work. It would be better still if the US could see some positive news on the pandemic. Hopefully the impact on employment won’t be as dramatic as it was looking.
Some economists are already starting to forecast a mild recovery next year.
What will be crucial too is whether the redundancies and cuts in salaries have hit the housing market in terms of prices. If the effect is dramatic maybe even Barrett and Taylor Wimpey will be considering lay offs.
Of concern may be the increase in commercial properties left empty and unlikely to be used to fund a house building programme

I have just invested in AstraZenica, if this Oxford vaccine works, I wonder if the price will go up?
I did very well out of them a week or so ago, then the price tumbled and I got out. Might have to have another look. ?

(especially if the big boys are investing ;) )

I’m thinking of a little punt on Franchise Brands. Two directors who were majorly involved in Dominos Pizzas have bought large stakes. Nigel Wray is a seasoned investor and one of the richest people in the country. Was involved with London Saracens

Legal and General floundering despite high expectations from me. Lloyds Bank cheap or are they?

Legal and General floundering despite high expectations from me. Lloyds Bank cheap or are they?
Not cheap enough. Maybe should have bought at the 27p mark. Not for me at the moment. Still waiting to offload my City of London - no profit there!

City of London will give you a good return longer term. They also provide a very nice return.
I’m still expecting Redrow, Taylor Wimpey and Legal and General to do well.
I’ve got TR Property as an investment trust along with F and C Commercial Property hopefully for decent income, although the latter have temporarily stopped their dividends. BMO Higher income have produced nice dividends too.
I we Franchise Brands were 100+6.50 earlier. It’s going to be a smaller punt for me as the spread is 6.50.

ML you may have noticed too that COL does tend to move in big chunks when it does. I’d hang on and I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised. I’m in to the tune of around £5000 and for me that money is staying in for my pension fund

US markets have boosted! My S&P500 ETF is finally in the green since March! Carnival up 11% today!

AstraZenica?
I think the boat has sailed on that one for any big moves but, with the price fluctuating this morning, maybe something to be had.
Oxford Biomed fell back this morning but, if it moves as it has, will go back up again this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom