Stocks and shares investing

+94.77% on Fitbit................................... I think that is "double bubble"............... to cash out or not???

Never got into shares, but my godfather was an investment banker who told me that when you buy you should decide at what value you should sell or buy more. Once you’re in you stick to your plan. Anything else is gambling and the house always wins. Reading Nicolas Talebs books also says that monitoring the value of your investments all the time leads to net sadness: small losses are more depressing than small rises are pleasing, so look at your shares at regular but infrequent times to maintain happiness.
i maintain happiness by working at what I’m good at and leaving all that investment B*****s to people who are interested in it (and de facto paying some of them to care about it for me.)

I've started looking at etoro now. It's a bit more advanced than Freetrade and has a social media aspect, you can even copy portfolio's of other people. Free share anyone? ?
I didn't understand half of that. Does it come with a translation into English?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Eaststandboy mentioned "etoro" whilst sat outside the Bird...................... he`s a pyramid seller that bales out.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Not doing bad on Freetrade although my portfolio is smaller than it was after cashing out on some decent returns.......... and by bank busting 19p bonus from Burford.

@Eaststandboy mentioned "etoro" whilst sat outside the Bird...................... he`s a pyramid seller that bales out.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Not doing bad on Freetrade although my portfolio is smaller than it was after cashing out on some decent returns.......... and by bank busting 19p bonus from Burford.
I still have some investments in FreeTrade, but etoro allows fraction shares and has way more offerings. :)

It's just like my Beyond Meat stock, only needs to treble in value to break even! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom