Conference Stockport county

OX14

Well done on winning the league today and returning back to the football league. A proper club with a decent sized fanbase for once.

Now the play offs .

Eliminator games :
Halifax v Chesterfield
Notts County v Grimsby

Semi final:

Wrexham v winner of Notts County v Grimsby
Solihull v winner of Halifax v Grimsby

Final to be played at the London stadium (West Ham) on June 5th.

So chance there will be 2 big clubs going back to league 2 level.

Semi final:

Wrexham v winner of Notts County v Grimsby
Solihull v winner of Halifax v Grimsby

Final to be played at the London stadium (West Ham) on June 5th.
Could end up costing Slippery a fortune in Hot dogs!

Nice to see a classic football league side promoted rather than a hobby club. They'll be buzzing up in Stockport tonight I'm sure.

Another ex football league club will be making a return to the conference next season aswell.

York v Boston in the national league North play off final.
Dorking v Ebbsfleet in the national league South play off final.

Aren’t Solihull having to fine a new ground, not having the lease renewed l? Something like that.

Aren’t Solihull having to fine a new ground, not having the lease renewed l? Something like that.

I do remember reading that. Jaguar Land rover need the ground to expand their factory. Not sure if anymore has come of it.

Fair play to Stockport County. There fans have been through a lot.

I’d also like to see Wrexham come up, because they’ve been down there far too long. Also because they finished 2nd and deserve to come up.

Proper clubs like wrexham and Stockport with decent support should be in the football league. Tinpot made up teams not.

Proper clubs like wrexham and Stockport with decent support should be in the football league. Tinpot made up teams not.

Whilst crowds aren’t the benchmarker of how successful a club should be, the football league is a far better place with the likes of Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, Southend etc in instead of clubs like Salford, Fleetwood & Crawley

Whilst crowds aren’t the benchmarker of how successful a club should be, the football league is a far better place with the likes of Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, Southend etc in instead of clubs like Salford, Fleetwood & Crawley
And Wycombe

All of you going on about "proper" clubs being promoted, guess you are all in favour of the EPL stopping promotion/relegation so "proper" Premier league clubs stay in it? How about Champions League plan for historical results confirming qualification so "proper" CL clubs get in, not small clubs who qualified via their performance?

I want the best teams promoted on merit, be that Notts County or Sutton United. We were not a "proper" league club at one time you know...

Another ex football league club will be making a return to the conference next season aswell.

York v Boston in the national league North play off final.
Dorking v Ebbsfleet in the national league South play off final.

Please.

Although technically correct Boston are one of those typical shitty clubs who will always be non-league.

All of you going on about "proper" clubs being promoted, guess you are all in favour of the EPL stopping promotion/relegation so "proper" Premier league clubs stay in it? How about Champions League plan for historical results confirming qualification so "proper" CL clubs get in, not small clubs who qualified via their performance?

I want the best teams promoted on merit, be that Notts County or Sutton United. We were not a "proper" league club at one time you know...
I was really pleased when Sutton went up. They were a club with a strong pedigree (FA cup runs) and a well known name in non-league.
It's when a rich businessmen buys a tiny club getting sub 500 fans a week (Salford, Fleetwood, to an extent FGR) and supercharges them into the football league preventing clubs like Wrexham or Notts Co going up it feels so fake and wrong.

Back
Top Bottom