Stewart Donald anyone.....

i wrote that because they’re a fickle lot ooop north SD I don’t think went to the sol without good intentions but these fickle lot are impatient they want everything done now...... they may not realise but it takes TIME.
but if they continue to abuse SD then sell the club for a profit but not untilJan 31st.
Most of us know that

First off, what a tired old article in the Times. This story is months old. It’s the classic North South divide etc zzz.

Second off, Stuart Donald hasn’t done a very good job at Sunderland ( He hardly covered himself with glory at Eastleigh .)

With that budget and that fan base they should have gone up last season. But, they are in fact under Parkinson they now showing signs of life and I see them in playoffs this season; they have a sporting chance of promotion.

Which leads on to the fans. They seemed a good bunch when I went up there back in August and quite measured in their reaction. However that was August. They are now displaying all the classic narcissistic elements of ‘Me 2’ society. They want their success and they want it now because they are the chosen people, the followers of the sleeping giant, better than the rest and on loan to the lower leagues like Robbie Williams on an end of the pier tour.

well life ain’t like that...
We haven't changed. A very small minority on social media make a huge stink. You should see our forum when we lose. Hundreds of knackers come out of the woodwork and the rest of us back off. Chat to our fans in the pubs tomorrow. We're still the same.

Your view has been reflected by thousands of sunderland fans. Don't tar the many by the few, but amazed by the strong reactions to us on here. We quite like you lot.
I might get some stick over this but, personally, I think its as simple as a lot of people are upset that Donald ended up as chairman to a ‘rival’ and not us. Its a bit like when you see someone you still have the hots for with someone else. You’re never going to like him/her no matter what ?

I might get some stick over this but, personally, I think its as simple as a lot of people are upset that Donald ended up as chairman to a ‘rival’ and not us. Its a bit like when you see someone you still have the hots for with someone else. You’re never going to like him/her no matter what ?
That makes sense. I was getting a bit confused, but seems obvious now. Cheers

Most? More like some
Chatting to fans at work, match etc and you get a very different perspective, in my experience. Hard to quantify but no anti Donald chants at the match, for example. Odd idiot shouts the odd bit of stuff. We are perfect don't you know

Chatting to fans at work, match etc and you get a very different perspective, in my experience. Hard to quantify but no anti Donald chants at the match, for example. Odd idiot shouts the odd bit of stuff. We are perfect don't you know
It is interesting how an intenet forum seems to encourage extreme views (particularly negative ones at times)
It is interesting reading back at threads on a matchday when we go behind. Some come on and immediately suggest how rubbish we are. Ignoring the fact that the game is 90 minutes plus long.
I reckon that overall the general view of supporters is far less extreme ( the Agyei love in on here - somebody suggested that KR HATED Agyei and Mackie bashing being a recent example)
I expect that as you suggest , there is a huge silent majority who gave Parkinson a chance ( he always seemed a sensible appointment),;and dont blame SD for everything.
What's the progress of the sake of the club Sinner? I assume that SD will not sell in a rush until he knows whether you are going up?

It is interesting how an intenet forum seems to encourage extreme views (particularly negative ones at times)
It is interesting reading back at threads on a matchday when we go behind. Some come on and immediately suggest how rubbish we are. Ignoring the fact that the game is 90 minutes plus long.
I reckon that overall the general view of supporters is far less extreme ( the Agyei love in on here - somebody suggested that KR HATED Agyei and Mackie bashing being a recent example)
I expect that as you suggest , there is a huge silent majority who gave Parkinson a chance ( he always seemed a sensible appointment),;and dont blame SD for everything.
What's the progress of the sake of the club Sinner? I assume that SD will not sell in a rush until he knows whether you are going up?
We don't really know. One of the Dell guys seemed to let it slip he was buying the club, but then the fanzines attempted to hound Donald out. This infuriated many but we live in these times.
At the moment we, the fans, are in limbo with much online speculation and bickering going on, some of it very silly.
General expectation is news at end of February. I would like Donald to stay, but suspect that ship has sailed.

Hello Charlie

Haha a large vocabulary doesn’t mean I’m Charlie....you already know ya southern softies are way smarter though as he told you ?

Not fussed about Charlie but don’t think Stewart Donald has been given a fair crack of the whip as he is a really good guy and the accusations against him have been harsh. I’d far rather have a man of his integrity and openness than 95% of other football league owners. Go and search some of his posts on here if you want to see why

Haha a large vocabulary doesn’t mean I’m Charlie....you already know ya southern softies are way smarter though as he told you ?

Not fussed about Charlie but don’t think Stewart Donald has been given a fair crack of the whip as he is a really good guy and the accusations against him have been harsh. I’d far rather have a man of his integrity and openness than 95% of other football league owners. Go and search some of his posts on here if you want to see why
I agree. Really respect Donald and I'm not alone. Charlie seems a bit out of touch with the common man, but likes to mix with them. Makes him feel streetwise, bless.

so do you not believe that you are a massive club with unbelievable potential and the most passionate fans in the world - or was that just the beer talking??
Ha ha. Stop making stuff up. We have had so many conversations about the relative merits of our support. Let me think - yes, Oxford taking 4k away is the equivalent of us taking 20k away so you have the better support!
I have more Bodminyellow gems.

Ha ha. Stop making stuff up. We have had so many conversations about the relative merits of our support. Let me think - yes, Oxford taking 4k away is the equivalent of us taking 20k away so you have the better support!

you didn’t answer the question?

we do have the better support

We've been called many things but arrogant a new one on me. Have you actually talked to any sunderland fans?

The most welcoming fans/people both times we've been up there. Whereas the bar codes simply exposed themselves when they came to town.

Problem is Stuart is a Oxford fan, tiger is not, Stuart may have now if not will have later in life more cash than tiger. Ex chairman never wanted to sell to Stuart as he never liked him, I think if Stuart can sell Sunderland soon he will be Oxfords chairman within 5 years good luck to him he wants the best for the club

Back
Top Bottom