Stewart Donald anyone.....

I’ll stick a hand up for Charlie. He’s been a fan from back in the Manor days. Much longer than I have.
To be fair he also suggested that Water Eaton was a really good option for a new ground (location/ trains/ public transport etc) to much ridicule by some!

I see the new season of Sunderland till I die is out soon on Netflix, can’t help but feel that Charlie will be a brilliant addition to what was already the best comedy on tv.
I saw a preview of it today and I can exclusively reveal to Yellows Forum that Charlie has changed a bit:
David_Brent_111.jpg

I have started watching the first series of Sunderland til I die. One of the biggest stand outs for me is how their fans come across as extremely poor. So angry and have that attitude that perhaps we had in the conference, ie we are too big/good to be where we are.

I have started watching the first series of Sunderland til I die. One of the biggest stand outs for me is how their fans come across as extremely poor. So angry and have that attitude that perhaps we had in the conference, ie we are too big/good to be where we are.
Yep, I've just seen the first few episodes and thought the same. Very quickly turned from positive to miserable.

Shows you the hideous danger of getting the cheque book out and signing a proven striker.

Lucky Tiger was skint I say.

There's no doubt that Robinson and the board looked at the characters of those coming into the club as well as their footballing abilities. Although we spoke with Ched Evans, I don't think it's a surprise that we instead went for someone like Matty Taylor who is a much better fit with our DNA.

Grigg clearly has ability, but maybe he needs a different management style to get the best from him. It would be funny if we put a ridiculously low bid in for him in January, and then he scored a dozen goals to get us automatically promoted!!!

Grigg has flourished under KR previously, maybe we can get him for next to nowt in January and he can return to his previous form in a team which creates loads.

There's no doubt that Robinson and the board looked at the characters of those coming into the club as well as their footballing abilities. Although we spoke with Ched Evans, I don't think it's a surprise that we instead went for someone like Matty Taylor who is a much better fit with our DNA.
Not sure that it was his character we were unsure about. KR really wanted Ched Evans and from reports was close to signing but preferred a move up north. I'm sure that if Ched said yes, KR would have snapped him up.

I'm glad we've got Matty Taylor, especially if we can do a permanent deal for him.

Any forum gives you a skewed view of the support but it amazes me the percentage that appear to want Donald to get his cheque book out and stop shopping in the bargain basement etc.

....despite having an annual squad budget which is 67 times greater than every team who has ever competed in league 1 combined.

Any forum gives you a skewed view of the support but it amazes me the percentage that appear to want Donald to get his cheque book out and stop shopping in the bargain basement etc.

....despite having an annual squad budget which is 67 times greater than every team who has ever competed in league 1 combined.

amazing to think they class paying £4million for a striker in league 1 as shopping in the basement basket!
It seems SD is cutting his cloth accordingly and unfortunately that is as a league 1 club which they currently are.
I can see them being down here for a few years yet.

amazing to think they class paying £4million for a striker in league 1 as shopping in the basement basket!
It seems SD is cutting his cloth accordingly and unfortunately that is as a league 1 club which they currently are.
I can see them being down here for a few years yet.
I seemed to remember when chaz first went there he said you don’t need to spend big to get out of this league, £4-5m I think he quoted, but fans do like to spend the owners money with their big expectations.

It gets better:

My god what ridiculous reactions on their forum and a team that is one win away from the playoff places.

In all honesty with all the negativity they have there they the fans are probably more to blame about the poor form than SD they got a good squad on paper and wasn’t doing terribly bad under Ross but all that negative energy in the stands and the forums etc feeds down to the players. I think they deserve everything they are getting atm

Back
Top Bottom