Stewart Donald anyone.....

If Sunderland have gone off him wouldn't be surprised to see him make a trip to Lincoln this Jan!

I don't think the manager has gone off him, rather the fans are moaning about him along with McNulty and others as they aren't winning every game 5-0.

? I guess their fitness coach isn't doing a great job!

I did think McNulty was carrying a bit of winter weight when he played at the Kassam, glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. It always boggles me when players who run so much for hours and hours every week can be so unfit.

They can keep Methven as far I am concerned! :p

Loved the comments telling Salmon Pants to fook off!!!

The guy bullshitted his way through this forum, and has done the same at Sunderland! Their get rich quick scheme has backfired and it won't be long before Sunderland have new owners. Hopefully the next lot will be just as incompetent and Sunderland will stay down for a few more years yet!

Whoever said football fans are fickle!!
I can see the Sunderland supporters frustrations. But they are still not in a bad position in the league. They are a point behind us with a game in hand. Parkinson will improve them but needs a little time.
I would still have them in the Top 3 favourites to go up.
They sure do need to go up this season though.

One of my favourite comments of all time from the Sunderland forum:

“f*****g mint this mind, the loan is secured against the SoL and the AoL but f*****g Methven tells us it's none of our business as they have no financial link to SAFC. That looks like a f*****g link to me, salmon pants

So SD and CM and JS flipping Sunderland on for a huge profit, then riding to the rescue when Tiger runs out of money, is looking a bit dead in the water?

I don’t really understand what happened with JS. First he was taking us over but DE pulled talks at last minute. Then he was taking over at Sunderland but this time he had to do the Directors and Owners test so SD took over to get things over the line. Then he took a minority interest in Madrox , but when the call for “investment” came along he was running for president.

I don't think you need to worry about Stewart, he's an excellent, shrewd businessman and I am sure he'll do OK once he leaves, if he leaves, Sunderland.

The problem with Sunderland, is their unrealistic fanbase. Championship football wouldn't be acceptable to them either.

You might want to listen to the interview he gave their local tv. Comes across as anything but shrewd. Reckon he's massively out of his depth here and it's definitely not a case of if he leaves Sunderland, but when.

Maybe Darryl was the shrewd business man when he dodged this bullet and went with Tiger.

You might want to listen to the interview he gave their local tv. Comes across as anything but shrewd. Reckon he's massively out of his depth here and it's definitely not a case of if he leaves Sunderland, but when.

Maybe Darryl was the shrewd business man when he dodged this bullet and went with Tiger.
Or maybe Darryl really was telling the truth when he said he was doing what he thought was best for the club, by selling to Tiger. That said, I think we'd have been a better fit for Donald than Sunderland are. Our fans would certainly have been more patient.

If you were selling your business to someone, and then it turned out that somebody you really don’t like and who had been a toad in the past was involved in it, and you knew you could get another buyer and stick two fingers up at said toad, what would you do?

Sometimes things are simply no more complex than that.

SD has clearly been a good business man, and those who know him suggest that he's a very decent man. But he is an awful football chairman. He pumped £10m into Eastleigh without every getting any real stability, went through loads of managers and established a retirement home for all ex-Oxford players.

Sunderland looked like a great opportunity to double his money whilst massively raising his profile as a football league chairman. He would have been in the same boat as the vast majority of Sunderland fans who expected to walk the league. He said all the right things to stop the P**s taking party, but only managed to get rid of the high earners by paying them off or accepting bargain basement fees for them. He missed out on many high profile players, and paid over the odds for others. Will Grigg was a panic buy that was expected to guarantee promotion, but they choked time after time.

And it was clear from the day that automatic promotion was missed that an escape plan was needed. Takeover/investment deals were apparently in place to be completed at the Playoff finals, then June, July and monthly since then. SD was telling everyone that they were the best run club in the country, finances were amazing, they could run Sunderland in league 1 forever etc. But then they basically mortgage the whole club against a £9m loan, despite apparently having more than enough cash stuffed behind the sofas of SD, Charlie and Sartori to cover this in a heartbeat. And what is this money for? Apparently changing the speakers in the stadium and fixing a lift at the training ground, oh, and finding a couple of scouts in Scandinavia!

Is it any wonder that Sunderland fans are pissed? What was Charlie promising this season? 100 points? And they're a 3rd of the way through the season and 8 points short of the automatic places and a tricky replay away from being out of all cup competitions.

However you look at it, SD's tenure of Sunderland has been an absolute disaster and the experience at Sunderland and here have been chalk and cheese. Tiger has his issues, but I'd take him over SD, and Zaki over Charlie all day long. Christ, I'd rather have Olly the Ox running things that Salmon Pant man!!!!

SD has clearly been a good business man, and those who know him suggest that he's a very decent man. But he is an awful football chairman. He pumped £10m into Eastleigh without every getting any real stability, went through loads of managers and established a retirement home for all ex-Oxford players.

Sunderland looked like a great opportunity to double his money whilst massively raising his profile as a football league chairman. He would have been in the same boat as the vast majority of Sunderland fans who expected to walk the league. He said all the right things to stop the P**s taking party, but only managed to get rid of the high earners by paying them off or accepting bargain basement fees for them. He missed out on many high profile players, and paid over the odds for others. Will Grigg was a panic buy that was expected to guarantee promotion, but they choked time after time.

And it was clear from the day that automatic promotion was missed that an escape plan was needed. Takeover/investment deals were apparently in place to be completed at the Playoff finals, then June, July and monthly since then. SD was telling everyone that they were the best run club in the country, finances were amazing, they could run Sunderland in league 1 forever etc. But then they basically mortgage the whole club against a £9m loan, despite apparently having more than enough cash stuffed behind the sofas of SD, Charlie and Sartori to cover this in a heartbeat. And what is this money for? Apparently changing the speakers in the stadium and fixing a lift at the training ground, oh, and finding a couple of scouts in Scandinavia!

Is it any wonder that Sunderland fans are pissed? What was Charlie promising this season? 100 points? And they're a 3rd of the way through the season and 8 points short of the automatic places and a tricky replay away from being out of all cup competitions.

However you look at it, SD's tenure of Sunderland has been an absolute disaster and the experience at Sunderland and here have been chalk and cheese. Tiger has his issues, but I'd take him over SD, and Zaki over Charlie all day long. Christ, I'd rather have Olly the Ox running things that Salmon Pant man!!!!
Scotchegg, have you ever met Charlie ? Or is your apparent hatred through arguing on these boards?

An interesting article here from SD:

Why he didn't allude to the silence before is a shame. Clearly Comical Charlie could have spinned something

Having said that
They need a couple of wins quickly. It doesnt sound good.
How have SD and CM apparently disagreed (is it the part time/ 70 hours a week comments?)

Back
Top Bottom