Stewart Donald anyone.....

Scotchegg has already touched on this but.....

Norwich actually still get parachute payments (it doesn't necessarily feel like it, but they were only relegated from the Prem three years ago).
Derby make a big loss most every year, and currently Steve Gibson is trying to get the EFL to investigate them for ignoring sustainability rules.
Leeds' owner has apparently been pumping 15m of his own money into the club on an annual basis to keep them competitive.

Championship clubs spend silly money on wages nowadays. There's only one team, really, that's managed to defy the financial odds and compete at the top of the Championship without losing a boatload - and that's Sheffield United. When you look closely at the details, the job Chippy has done there really is extraordinary.

Unless Sunderland can find a similar over-performing manager, then it will be a struggle financially for them back in the Championship. Unless they get there immediately whilst they're still receiving the Premier League's money.
Good old CW. The excellent manager that our fans wanted out the club because he wasnt to their delicate tastes. Typical Oxford fans.

Of coarse, but you suggested SAFC parachute payments had no relevance this season because they had to be used to guarantee the club purchase, Football is just a financial merry go round for most owners and try to offload for a profit at the end.

The parachute payments this season aren't being used to finance getting promoted so in the same way that a drop in parachute payments will affect next season's finances should they be in L1 in a comparable way. Which was my query/point in my original post.

The parachute payments this season aren't being used to finance getting promoted so in the same way that a drop in parachute payments will affect next season's finances should they be in L1 in a comparable way. Which was my query/point in my original post.
Tell me the difference from the money SD & co were going to invest to buy the club and parachute payments, if the parachute payments buy the club the money money they had to buy the club will be used to take it forward, they are still profiting from having these payments what ever way they are used.

Tell me the difference from the money SD & co were going to invest to buy the club and parachute payments, if the parachute payments buy the club the money money they had to buy the club will be used to take it forward, they are still profiting from having these payments what ever way they are used.

They will still have that financing next season when comparing the 2 seasons. In affect the parachute payments situation of the 2 seasons cancel each other.

They will still have that financing next season when comparing the 2 seasons. In affect the parachute payments situation of the 2 seasons cancel each other.
You have lost me a bit now, SD would of been purchasing SAFC over a few years not a one off payment, if the club has been purchased through parachute payments I would of thought the money earmarked to buy the stadium would still be available over the next couple of years, who knows truce.

Seriously??
Although he maybe a good manager there was no way he could say after he told us to forget our history, or did you forget that?
Seriously??
Although he maybe a good manager there was no way he could say after he told us to forget our history, or did you forget that?
With respect, maybe you should worry about your little chum at North Leigh and leave this stuff for the Oxford fans. You're becoming more than a little annoying now.
Isn't it better to focus on future successes than past glories? Maybe that was the point Mr wilder was trying to make. Maybe he got fed up with moaning fans, while he had tight budget to work with?

Isn't it better to focus on future successes than past glories? Maybe that was the point Mr wilder was trying to make. Maybe he got fed up with moaning fans, while he had tight budget to work with?
Maybe he could work out how to use the 'quote' function properly as well... ?

I’m sure he’s a quick learner. But then will he lose or gain money especially if he were to sell them having made it back to the championship. Very large crowds are bound to attract a buyer if he is selling.
What’s Charlie M role in all this too?
Hopefully he will come in as CEO - with everybody’s backing

If there really is a development opportunity that involves the ground, why would the current club owners involve Mr Donald?
I believe Tiger has seen the responsibility of running a club properly and will take some money and run, and couldn’t be in better hands than Donald & Methven

Back
Top Bottom