Stewart Donald anyone.....

Andy1505

Says that Donald wants to sell the Mackems in case another project comes up 'such as his old love Oxford United'.....?

Just seen this. Interesting because Nixon tends to know his stuff.

I would think that £20m upfront would leave him just about breaking even, although £5m a year for the next 5 years might sound good, particularly if they fail to go up this year. Another year in league 1 will come at a pretty big cost, and even if successful next year there will be the funding of a Championship club without the parachute payments to fall back on.

I would guess that the Sunderland experience has burnt SD and he will be looking at getting out before he starts losing big money. On the back of Eastleigh costing him a fair bit without real success, I would have a few concerns about any long term financial security if he came back home.

A nice guy who has helped us many times before, but maybe a little naive when it comes to running a football club.

I hope one day we get a naive rich owner who naively gets more than double their money back following their naive running and increasing the value of the football club for just one year.

I can't think of anyone more suited to owning OUFC than SD with his knowledge of the club, being local and business acumen. He is also very open with the fans on social media which is something people want. All Pie in the sky though. He isn't available and there has been no indication OUFC is for sale.

I would think that £20m upfront would leave him just about breaking even, although £5m a year for the next 5 years might sound good, particularly if they fail to go up this year. Another year in league 1 will come at a pretty big cost, and even if successful next year there will be the funding of a Championship club without the parachute payments to fall back on.

I would guess that the Sunderland experience has burnt SD and he will be looking at getting out before he starts losing big money. On the back of Eastleigh costing him a fair bit without real success, I would have a few concerns about any long term financial security if he came back home.

A nice guy who has helped us many times before, but maybe a little naive when it comes to running a football club.

Donald does seem like a nice guy but I do worry about some of the people he takes advice from.

I doubt that Donald is actively looking to sell but if someone comes along with a sizeable offer........

Bit strange though. Where does Sartori fit in to the whole Sunderland project? I thought he was the mega rich guy to fund the next level?

I’m sure he’s a quick learner. But then will he lose or gain money especially if he were to sell them having made it back to the championship. Very large crowds are bound to attract a buyer if he is selling.
What’s Charlie M role in all this too?

With respect he knows a lot more than you ref running a football club, and has the money to back himself.

But would Tiger accept any offer SD puts on the table? Eales sold to Tiger over Donald because he offered more money, and it is now fairly obvious that Tiger did not do his due diligence, which is why he offered so much cash. Unless Tiger was in dire straights I can't see him accepting a bid from a man who knows the realistic situation with the stadium and thus would only offer a realistic fee for the club.

There’s no way Donald will buy Tiger out for a profit as that would mean paying more tan Tiger paid Eales (which was more than Sartori offered) + whatever he’s invested in the last 14 months . I expect they will offer the normal small pay off in return for the club debt free and that relieves Tiger from having to find the staggering losses each year.

Would love to see Stewart Donald in control of OUFC, as much as any non-stadium owning club owner can really be in charge.

If we could get SD on board, would even welcome the other fella back into the fold, but hopefully not in a position of power or authority.
Thats a bit unfair. Given his dress sense he would make an excellent assistant to the kit man.

Well he would have a bit more cash to play with this time…

Back
Top Bottom