Stewart Donald anyone.....

Two of them almost immediately at the start of the window?
The fact that we'll have a week or so before our first game means that the need isn't imminent, but yes I think we'll have 2 in before we kick a ball in 2021. (Centre back and winger)

Correct. I think the scepticism around Tiger- and his actual plans for the club- are deep-rooted and genuine.

Let's not forget that he has sold players in pretty much every transfer window.
The amounts the club have received easily match the 3M per annum shortfall that he/his friends allegedly fund.

Post Covid, it's very difficult to judge him, but let's not forget that in January (when we had a very good chance of going up automatically) he sold two of our best players and provided no funds for adequate replacements.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but endless blustering from 1-2 posters on here about how he keeps the club going aren't good enough.

A Chairman with real ambition doesn't consistently sell the club's best players every year, certainly not without bringing in proper replacements.
And a Chairman with genuine funding doesn't miss paydays- it may have been a while ago, but it is still a legitimate concern.

It's all well and good to bang on about the 'model' but selling your best players and under-investing in replacements will end sooner or later. And not well.
Peterborough (who certainly follow the 'model') do sell most seasons, but they also pay pretty decent money to bring in replacements.

I still can't work out what Tiger, and his mates, plan for this club. Would I take SD as a new owner? In a heartbeat.
When you say a Chairman with real ambition you mean a chairman that is willing to spend a lot of money. And hope it works! In my opinion he and KR have made a pretty good effort in creating a team that could get promotion and often targeting risky players instead of safe bets.
I still think Tiger is subsidising the Club for more than a million a year despite player sales.

When you say a Chairman with real ambition you mean a chairman that is willing to spend a lot of money. And hope it works! In my opinion he and KR have made a pretty good effort in creating a team that could get promotion and often targeting risky players instead of safe bets.
I still think Tiger is subsidising the Club for more than a million a year despite player sales.

If by ‘Tiger’ you mean the shareholder base as a whole then you’re likely to be correct.

If by ‘Tiger’ you mean the shareholder base as a whole then you’re likely to be correct.
Tiger or Tiger + others, it doesn’t really matter. The fact is that they are covering the costs of a loss making football club and have done during a time like no other where income is at an all time low.
I think some comments on here are a little disrespectful towards the people that are keeping this club afloat right now.

As for SD, he might be an Oxford fan, he might of helped us out in the past but IMO I don’t think he is a very good football club owner and I certainly don’t think he has the money that would really make OUFC sustainable in the future.

Sincerely hope that for SD’s sake that this was disclosed in the vendor’s due diligence pack.

Ten years to make a decision. Makes EFL look red hot.

So SD is finally out, as Chairman at least, of Sunderland.

It would be good to see him join the board, be good to have someone local involved.

So he’s putting some of the train set back in the box, had the best intentions but it was a massive job to turn around and you do wonder how he would have fared with us.

Back
Top Bottom