Stewart Donald anyone.....

good piece here my uncle (sunderland fan) sent me

When I read “Good luck to them in the playoffs. They’re the least objectionable of all four clubs in there.” I thought “patronising c**t”
Am I a bad person?

Kassam did say he would be pleased he didn’t have to get his car repaired every week after a home game, perhaps they picked that out.

Sunderland fans not happy with the latest meeting comments.

SD took a gamble and it has not paid off.

Campbell will sail through the fit and proper test with this CV.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Companies House recorded over 20 dissolved businesses, several with compulsory strike-off orders. None of his six current UK companies were more than fifteen months old, so none had yet filed accounts. "

SD put the question to the fans meeting - if Campbell or someone similar (ie potentially dodgy) makes an offer, should I sell to him or not? Unsurprisingly, no answer was reported.
This seems to be a common situation, where owners are put under so much pressure to go, that they end up handing over the reigns to someone else who they know will not be good for the club, just to get out, yet people wonder why so many dodgy owners exist in the game.
I hope he gets out and the fans get someone they deserve

That's it. SD might not have made a success of it, but there is no doubt that he is a 'football person' and went into it with the best of intentions. If the supporters take an 'anyone but Donald' line, they might well end up with someone not quite so straightforward.

i read all that to mean keep giving me and my family abuse and i’ll sell to someone like Campbell

So basically, SD agreed to buy Sunderland for £37m but only used £5m of his money (alongside CM and JS) initially with a further payment of £9.6m coming from money lent to him by the club, this money was then covered by a loan from the Americans. A further £20.5m was leant to SD by the club (parachute payments?) to make the final payment for the club with £2.4m coming from SD/CM/JS to meet the £37m price. SD then wrote off the £20m loan but said that it will be repaid.

So SD currently has a club that is stuck in league one, with decreasing player asset values, a huge drop in season ticket sales, potentially huge additional drop in income from covid, and around £30m in debt to the Americans and the club plus a few quid more to JS.

No wonder he's keen to sell up.

Back
Top Bottom