Stewart Donald anyone.....

You'd have thought SDs strategy now would be to flog Sunderland to anyone who'd give him enough to cover the major proportion of what he has personally spent. The thing is, even if they went up the pressure on SD would then increase anyway because their supporters see the club as a Prem team - they won't be happy 'surviving' in the Championship.
It would be interesting to know what money SD has put in himself with the parachute payments etc bringing money in.
After watching series 2, I really couldn't see how they would be able to run or finance that club in the championship.

Don’t understand any of that. Whatever happens, I still think that Stewart et al will leave Sunderland in a better state than the one they found.

Just don’t see them leaving the club in a storm, got more morales than that. They are football men at the core, and know the suffering of supporters more than most, especially being supporters of Oxford in the past!

Don’t understand any of that. Whatever happens, I still think that Stewart et al will leave Sunderland in a better state than the one they found.

Just don’t see them leaving the club in a storm, got more morales than that. They are football men at the core, and know the suffering of supporters more than most, especially being supporters of Oxford in the past!

They borrowed money owed to the club in order to buy it, but have now written off their own debt. So the allegation that they bought the club using the parachute payments appears to be completely true, but with no obligation to pay this back. There isn't a great deal of morales in that if you are a supporter of the club. Equally there isn't a lot of integrity which is why they are struggling to sell the club on, even before corona changed things.

Seeing as the previous chairman wrote off all the money owed TO him, and Stewart has written off the debt BY him, I'm really not sure how they can come out of this well.

Stewart Donald is a football guy, and, I'm sure, a decent guy. But incredibly naive at this level and I suspect that the situation at Sunderland is going to get very much worse in the next few months.

Stewart Donald is a football guy, and, I'm sure, a decent guy. But incredibly naive at this level and I suspect that the situation at Sunderland is going to get very much worse in the next few months.

I think it shows why Eales may not of thought he was the best person for OUFC. He is a wealthy man but I don't think he is wealthy enough for a club wanting promotion to the Championship. He would do wonders with a club like a Newport, Yeovil, Cambridge United, Exeter. He just doesn't seem to have enough money for a big club.

I believe the company he kept was actually the primary factor in nothing happening, rather than it having anything to do with what Eales thought of SD’s wallet.

Judging by how Juan Sartori comes across in STID, it can completely understand why he wouldn't want to sell the club for any amount of money to that excitable puppy. And I don't think Mr Methven enamoured himself to the ownership at the time by ranting and raving on here.

In a scenario where we got through to the play off final and fans could get in to watch the final, would Oufc fan SD come to the game or would he stay away, pretty sure that would wind the makems up even more.

Talk of a meltdown on the Sunderland Forum, just imagine the meltdown currently in the boardroom! I hope SD can get out without too much damage to him or his family.

It feels to me that Stewart has been let down massively.

He is a nice guy with a big heart, just my opinion but it seems that he was sold a dream, told that he would have the full backing of the mega rich Sartori, that they would turn a massive club around in a season and possibly make a quick buck, or continue on a march on to the Premier League.

I seem to remember Charlie telling us that if his consortium took over OUFC, 20 Million would be invested immediately into the infrastructure enabling promotion within a season, a drop in the ocean for the Billionaire, Sartori.

At Sunderland, when the going got tough, Charlie jumped ship. Some mate eh!

It feels to me that Stewart has been let down massively.

He is a nice guy with a big heart, just my opinion but it seems that he was sold a dream, told that he would have the full backing of the mega rich Sartori, that they would turn a massive club around in a season and possibly make a quick buck, or continue on a march on to the Premier League.

I seem to remember Charlie telling us that if his consortium took over OUFC, 20 Million would be invested immediately into the infrastructure enabling promotion within a season, a drop in the ocean for the Billionaire, Sartori.

At Sunderland, when the going got tough, Charlie jumped ship. Some mate eh!
To be fair, Charlie has a very tough day job writing questions for Only Connect.

I quite like the idea that Charlie poses more questions than answers......

Back
Top Bottom