Stewart Donald anyone.....

I wonder if they will try a big name like Martin o’Neil or Daniel stendel who just left barnsley

Judging by some of the interviews I heard from Donald prior to appointing Ross there is absolutely no chance he will go down the Allardyce, O’Neil, Pulis route. These managers in their mid 60’s and with PL backgrounds just aren’t going to relish what’s needed to turn Sunderland around.

Appleton might just be regretting taking the Lincoln job, I recall Donald mentioning him in a Talksport interview about his admiration for the job he’d done at Oxford. Nathan Jones will be an obvious target if it all ends at Stoke and I’d have thought the likes of Cooper at FGR, Flynn at Newport or even Ainsworth at Wycombe will be the type of manager that they will go after.

Wonder if SD is trying to divert attention from the takeover collapsing?

I suspect SD has just realized that he's not going to be able to make the easy, tidy profit he hoped from these American investors - so if he doesn't want to lose a ton of money propping up the club, he's got to get Sunderland promoted this year.

Ross has most likely had the biggest budget that League One has ever seen, and he's failed to get them promoted (unlike, as I pointed out yesterday, virtually every other big budget Championship club that's been relegated in the past five years - they've all bounced back at the first time of asking) or in position for an easy promotion this season. His sacking is well earned.

Honestly, his appointment was a head-scratcher in the first place. With so much on the line, why would you take a risk on someone with no experience of English football (barring one year at Hartlepool where he went AWOL because he was homesick)?

Bet whoever they appoint now has at least one lower league promotion in their back pocket.

Think it's typical we get to play a team wanting to impress a new manager or with renewed va va vroom

Only a quarter of the way through the season, just 4 points behind second placed Wycombe with a game in hand.

Ross gets the sack. Harsh, justified or knee jerk panic?
I think it is cumulative from last season, spending lots of money, paying lots of wages, by far and away the most in the league, and still half the results have been 1-1 draws and the performances mostly over-cautious. Also, if they don't get promoted this season they are out of parachute payments, which loses £14.5million from this season (which is £15.5million down from last year), that has got to panic the ownership.

It was presumably in the best interests of Sunderland football club that talks fell down (if that’s true) .

If Dell’s advisors and ‘our friends in the North’ weren’t close to an agreed price then better to just call it off and get on with sacking the manager.

It was presumably in the best interests of Sunderland football club that talks fell down (if that’s true) .

If Dell’s advisors and ‘our friends in the North’ weren’t close to an agreed price then better to just call it off and get on with sacking the manager.

Stewart Donald tweeted that it isn't about price and something may still happen. He basically called bullshit on the reasons in the Sun article including the Academy player valuations saying they weren't included in the valuation at all.

Stewart Donald tweeted that it isn't about price and something may still happen. He basically called bullshit on the reasons in the Sun article including the Academy player valuations saying they weren't included in the valuation at all.
The Sun appear to have it in for SD, but I guess that time will tell if they're correct. However, I'm sure that all assets would be included, including the academy so it's a bit strange to say that they weren't. Maybe Charlie has been getting confused with the figures again!

The Sun appear to have it in for SD, but I guess that time will tell if they're correct. However, I'm sure that all assets would be included, including the academy so it's a bit strange to say that they weren't. Maybe Charlie has been getting confused with the figures again!

The Sun report said one of the reasons the Dell lot are pulling out is because the Academy player valuations were overstated. While yes the Academy is obviously included in the overall valuation, SD called bullshit on individual player valuations being included in the overall valuation so couldn't be overstated.

I wonder if Mapp would have held back from the Lincoln job if he'd know how close Ross was from being sacked.

Not with that box of slimy frogs in charge.... slipperier than slippery at his slipperiest.

Back
Top Bottom