Stewart Donald anyone.....

The natives are getting restless with Stewart and his right hand man.

Lovely reference to Charlie and his love of chinos.

Would prefer them to draw

It’s Sundrawland, that’s very likely, that’s easily the 20th tie they have had in 48 league one fixtures, for a club where the fans genuinely think they are bigger than at least 3 of the this country’s top 6 because of league title wins in the 19th century that is embarrassing.

Those results will only get worse once teams stop playing the the name and start playing what’s in front of them, that was two points dropped after taking the lead in one of our easier games this month.

Just seen that Charles has told their fans that they're going for 100 points this season ??? I thought PR was his thing.
And their fans are having none of it

And this. I literally LOL’d.
116f8c3b0de9ef358d338231db509811.jpg

ODIN

Midfield

Yesterday at 9:47 PM
Charlie spent it all on designer chinos

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was bonkers to spend £4m on Grigg in this league. Should have spread that out on 10 players at £400k. (But not on someone like Hanson)

I have no beef with Donald or Charlie, but I’d find it quite amusing if Sunderland screwed it up again. It would be great for all those “small” clubs who play the “mighty” Sunderland. All those away fans buying tickets and food, does the small clubs the power of good.

Not too much positive reading there for Charlie and Stewart. Their fans seem to agree with many on here, that they hoped for a quick promotion, a subsequent sell-on and a quick dash back to Oxfordshire with some cash.

Very little love for the regime. Shot-shy, talentless squad. Deluded '100 points' decision makers at the top.
The 100 point comment is very strange.
I can only think that is has been misreported or a throwaway line .
It would have been a daft thing to say.
Sunderland should still go up this season but having seen the 3 games against them , Oxford have been the better team on each occasion.

There’s no doubt about it, the playoff defeat scuppered their entire plan. There’s absolutely no alternative but to go up this season. Even then the deal has soured on what they’d have expected when they first took over, but a third season in L1 let alone a second is unthinkable. The sheer financial muscle they had last season was unlike anything L1 had seen before (I’m sure it still is this season) and they not only didn’t go up, they finished fifth. Not even the best runner-up, or the second best runner-up, in terms of those outside of the top two. That was a catastrophic failure. Even going up via the playoffs would’ve been a relative underachievement, but to blow it all together was monumental in its incompetence.

And do you know what? They’re just not that good from what I’ve seen. I’ve seen us draw with them three times now, and every time I felt we should’ve won. Last season the three promoted teams were all visibly and markedly very, very good. They were probably the best three sides I saw in terms of the football they played and the threat they carried, so for me the best teams went up in the end. Sunderland just haven’t ever looked overly good, and from what I’ve read over the last 12 months the majority of their fan base aren’t exactly enamoured with what they’ve been watching. As time goes on they’re signing more and more League One footballers, and that means they’re going to become more and more of a League One side on the pitch. With every passing window they’re becoming just another L1 club. An enormous one in terms of supporter base and facilities etc, but just another L1 club battling for the top six.

They may well get promoted this season, and they might even get it automatically - no one can say they won’t - but even if they do, this very much didn’t go to plan. If Ross has to go, what are the odds on them moving heaven and earth to try to get Mapp back into management?

It looks like Sunderland were very lucky today. Ipswich were all over them.
Sunderland v Pompey next week. Tasty. I would be quite surprised if Sunderland won that.

According to the Quest highlights show (where we got a good mention, complementary from Colin Murray again) the goal was Sunderland's only shot of the game. The lower league blogger reckoned we were unlucky not to win at Sunderland as well.

It’s Sundrawland, that’s very likely, that’s easily the 20th tie they have had in 48 league one fixtures, for a club where the fans genuinely think they are bigger than at least 3 of the this country’s top 6 because of league title wins in the 19th century that is embarrassing.

Those results will only get worse once teams stop playing the the name and start playing what’s in front of them, that was two points dropped after taking the lead in one of our easier games this month.
24 draws of which 18 have been 1-1.

Dont see the problem personally. They have drawn against the best two teams in the league. Watch them implode when they dont beat portsmouth next weekend.

I love this comment:

"Typo. The dortmunder model. Its based on being mortal drunk on decent german lager and by the time you are so pissed who the f**k knows what else will happen. Strategy kicking right in now"

It was bonkers to spend £4m on Grigg in this league. Should have spread that out on 10 players at £400k. (But not on someone like Hanson)
TBF it’s 4 million in add on’s 1.25 million for the initial transfer then number of games and promotion , so Wigan could loose out.

There’s no doubt about it, the playoff defeat scuppered their entire plan. There’s absolutely no alternative but to go up this season. Even then the deal has soured on what they’d have expected when they first took over, but a third season in L1 let alone a second is unthinkable. The sheer financial muscle they had last season was unlike anything L1 had seen before (I’m sure it still is this season) and they not only didn’t go up, they finished fifth. Not even the best runner-up, or the second best runner-up, in terms of those outside of the top two. That was a catastrophic failure. Even going up via the playoffs would’ve been a relative underachievement, but to blow it all together was monumental in its incompetence.

And do you know what? They’re just not that good from what I’ve seen. I’ve seen us draw with them three times now, and every time I felt we should’ve won. Last season the three promoted teams were all visibly and markedly very, very good. They were probably the best three sides I saw in terms of the football they played and the threat they carried, so for me the best teams went up in the end. Sunderland just haven’t ever looked overly good, and from what I’ve read over the last 12 months the majority of their fan base aren’t exactly enamoured with what they’ve been watching. As time goes on they’re signing more and more League One footballers, and that means they’re going to become more and more of a League One side on the pitch. With every passing window they’re becoming just another L1 club. An enormous one in terms of supporter base and facilities etc, but just another L1 club battling for the top six.

They may well get promoted this season, and they might even get it automatically - no one can say they won’t - but even if they do, this very much didn’t go to plan. If Ross has to go, what are the odds on them moving heaven and earth to try to get Mapp back into management?

Clearly Appleton is a very good manager/coach, but I’m not so sure he’s the type of manager who will go into a club mid season and immediately turn results around, he’s more of a team/club builder, somebody for the long term rather than someone to save their season.

Back
Top Bottom